Went to go see KISS last night

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g zilla

Reaction score
Seen the KISS concert last night in Phoenix 5th time Ive seen them. Awesome performance, lighting, pyro, effects, $hitty song selection didnt pay Beth ( their only # 1 song), Strutter, Calling dr. love, God gave rock n roll. Played about 4 other songs no one really heard or cared about. Gene never brought out his axe guitar. Little dissapointed.

Very cool. I don't know if I'll catch this tour or not, but I'm a long time fan and follower of the band since the '70's. It looks like a good co-headline tour. What did you think of Def Lep?

The only KISS concert I ever saw was the clip on 3-2-1 Contact about the lighting. That was one of my favorite "educational TV" moments of growing up.

Def leppard was good first 2-3 songs looked they just kinda went thru the motions. Then they rocked well rest of set. Guitar player just went thru kemo the day before maybe that had something to do with it.

I kinda wish the new guys would use there own makeup. ala Vinny Vincent and Eric Carr. Not try to pretend there Ace and Peter. Ace Frehleys new cd Space invaders out in August (was to be out this week but postponed) Hope he tours to support it.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies

Def leppard was good first 2-3 songs looked they just kinda went thru the motions. Then they rocked well rest of set. Guitar player just went thru kemo the day before maybe that had something to do with it.

Yes, I knew he was going through some health problems. I wish him the best.

Indeed, put Spaceman and the Cat to bed.

Fun fact: God Gave Rock and Roll to You II is a remake/mod of an Argent song.

Here's my favorite KISS Song.

[video=youtube;LMcDg2HwOnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMcDg2HwOnM[/video]

Last edited:
I thought the nu-KISSers (the guys brought in to replace Criss and Frehley) had their own face-designs.

Guess that shows how much I pay attention to KISS. They seemed to all be behaving pretty well at the R&R Hall induction but then I saw an interview with Frehley afterward which indicated things are still pretty frosty between the four originals.

You can probably lay blame in all directions for that -- Frehley himself of course got so messed up on drugs and booze he could barely stand, much less play, so you can't totally blame Simmons and Stanley for kicking him out, but they seemed to take a little more gusto in it than they should have.

My daughter and I will be going to see Def Leppard tomorrow evening here in Austin down at the Circuit of the Americas F1 circuit. We might stay for a few Kiss tunes just to say we saw them, but it is the band that won't be wearing makeup that will be the priority for us.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit the number of times that I've seen Def Leppard play live, dating all the way back to a show in '79 or '80 where they opened for Judas Priest. They're my number #3 all-time favorite live band, just behind U2 and the Stones.

James

There wouldn't be so much animosity had Gene not financially screwed Peter and Ace.

Just received a "things to know for tomorrow night's show" email from the venue for tomorrow night's Def Leppard/Kiss concert. This gem was contained in the text:

"For KISS fans considering painting your face, due to Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) rules, if a server can't match your face to your ID, they cannot serve you."

Hah!

James

Just received a "things to know for tomorrow night's show" email from the venue for tomorrow night's Def Leppard/Kiss concert. This gem was contained in the text:

"For KISS fans considering painting your face, due to Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) rules, if a server can't match your face to your ID, they cannot serve you."

Hah!

James

Get plenty drunk before the show beers were10-14$ apiece in Phoenix, also a local radio station had a couple people face painting people. My girlfriend and boss went to see Def Leppard(favorite band) with me, my boss seen them 14-15 times see got meet and greet tickets $750 apiece 5th row center. First time Ive seen Def Leppard. Lawn seats are ok by me $750 is a couple M motors they dont last as long as a concert though. To each his own. Let me know what you thought of show James.

Last edited:
Indeed, put Spaceman and the Cat to bed.

Fun fact: God Gave Rock and Roll to You II is a remake/mod of an Argent song.

Another fun fact: The lead singer and guitarist of Argent was a fellow named Russ Ballard who wrote Ace's solo hit New York Groove.

KISS....
Making money is their first priority...
Making music is second... Or third... Or 4th...Or......

I saw them in 1998 or so just because I missed them in the 1970's. My parents wouldn't let me go. :)
I wonder when the last time they performed "Christine 16" was? I guess it was semi-acceptable for them to sing it in the '70's but now it would just be gross. Ha Ha!
I have one KISS album... KISS Alive II; I still listen to it on occasion. I never liked their studio stuff much.
They are entertaining.

KISS....
Making money is their first priority...
Making music is second... Or third... Or 4th...Or......

I saw them in 1998 or so just because I missed them in the 1970's. My parents wouldn't let me go. :)
I wonder when the last time they performed "Christine 16" was? I guess it was semi-acceptable for them to sing it in the '70's but now it would just be gross. Ha Ha!
I have one KISS album... KISS Alive II; I still listen to it on occasion. I never liked their studio stuff much.
They are entertaining.

They've put out many good albums over a 40 year career and have more money than they will ever need.

They've actually sang "Christine 16" a few times on this tour. Mick and the Stones are still singing about not being able to get any satisfaction too.

KISS are a damn good band finally getting the respect they've always deserved. Their influence is immeasurable. The Rock Hall finally woke up too. Everyone should watch a clip of Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine giving the induction speech for KISS. Awesome!! ***Warning-video contains some coarse language***

[video=youtube;NC4S4qMWun4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC4S4qMWun4[/video]

Last edited:
KISS Alive is a good album. I remember when they came out. Apparently KISS doesn't open shows and to have Def Leppard open a show them probably sucks for DL. I never cared much for Def Leppard. Their first (3) albums were good, after Pyromania that's when everything changed and they started to get too "poppy" top 40 garbage. Just my two cents sorry...

Def Leppard. Their first (3) albums were good, after Pyromania that's when everything changed and they started to get too "poppy" top 40 garbage. Just my two cents sorry...

Man, did you hit the nail on the head. Nothing worse than a respectable hard rock band turning into a prom band.

I remember when KISS came to Australia in the late 70's/early 80's. Tickets were $13.50. Parents woruldn't let me go as I lived 1000miles away. I was a huge fan. Owned pretty much every album. Then they released The Elder. My friends and I were like

CM.jpg

At that point, they were dead to me. I still like the older stuff, but haven't paid any attention to them since.

I remember when KISS came to Australia in the late 70's/early 80's. Tickets were $13.50. Parents woruldn't let me go as I lived 1000miles away. I was a huge fan. Owned pretty much every album. Then they released The Elder. My friends and I were like

CM.jpg

At that point, they were dead to me. I still like the older stuff, but haven't paid any attention to them since.

I agree... I liked when they had the original band members. I know they had issues, but regardless they had that chemistry. Ace was the best. No one can hold a candle to him

Back