Running OpenRocket from Eclipse?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfcook

Mayhem Rocketry, LLC
Reaction score
I'm trying to get started with OpenRocket development in the hopes that I can get up to speed and maybe contribute some to the project. I am an experienced developer but have little experience with Java and Eclipse, so there is a bit of a learning curve there.

The Developer guide is a bit out of date and references some classes ( net.sf.openrocket.startup.Startup) that seem to have been refactored out of the project. I haven't had much luck browsing the mailing list...what is the proper startup procedure?

I haven't done this myself, but I have experience with Java and Eclipse and might be able to help. Looking at the manifest of the latest jar file, net.sf.openrocket.startup.Startup is still the main file:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.9.3
Created-By: 1.8.0_05-b13 (Oracle Corporation)
Main-Class: net.sf.openrocket.startup.Startup
SplashScreen-Image: pix/splashscreen.png
Classpath-Jars: lib/gluegen-rt.jar lib/jogl-all.jar

That class is still in the jar, at least.

Great! Happy to have the help. Please join the openrocket-dev list on sourceforge (from this location) for much more help.

The developer guide is sorely out of date - in fact I don't even know where it exists right now. The source code itself is no longer hosted on sourceforge, but instead has migrated to github.

The net.sf.openrocket.startup.Startup class is still the correct one, but it lives within the subproject "swing"

I'm trying to get started with OpenRocket development in the hopes that I can get up to speed and maybe contribute some to the project. I am an experienced developer but have little experience with Java and Eclipse, so there is a bit of a learning curve there.

The Developer guide is a bit out of date and references some classes ( net.sf.openrocket.startup.Startup) that seem to have been refactored out of the project. I haven't had much luck browsing the mailing list...what is the proper startup procedure?

Excellent, thanks! I was doing all my searches in Core, so of course I wasn't finding it.

I have joined (I think) the mailing list. When I get up to speed a little I'll start asking questions there.

Back