Has anyone used GOOP SuperMend Epoxy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
As the title says, have you used this stuff? I used it on a couple of mid power birds and it seems to work quite well, nothing has some apart. Then I used it on my L1 for fin attachment and fillets, still there a couple of years later with multiple flights and a couple of HARD landings.

So... have a look, I need other peoples eyes on this. Would it be usable for fiberglass to fiberglass? Filets on a L3? What is the different between this and RocketPoxy?

https://eclecticproducts.com/supermend.htm

LOL! I bought some a few years ago and used it to fix a cracked 88 (cement block) on a planter before we sold the house. Worked extremely well for that at least. Now I'm on the search in the dim recesses of the garage. Very similar to rocketpoxy but prolly without all the good stuff like heat resistance.

yup... your comment about heat resistance actually got me to dig out the data sheet.

STRENGTH -
compress - 36,000psi
tensile - 7,450psi
shear - 2,700psi
bond - 1,750psi

HEAT RESISTANCE
140-150 F, 60-66 C

So... FAR from rocketpoxy in most respects, but should still be ok for most MPR and low HPR stuff.

Hey-should be great for external fin fillets-why waste the over engineered good stuff (use that on the inside) for aerodynamic fairings? Now I gotta find mine-I gotz like eleventeen 4 inchers in the build pile rite now. That's a lot of expensive epoxy! thanks bro'- I would totally forgot about this stuff (oh wait- I did that already..)

Back