• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Great Built Kit Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Just needed to refresh I guess. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Tim looks like your doing good . I didn't see anything that I really needed . But that spaceman would have been great for my son . Didn't remember till it was sold .

This sale is now closed. I want to thank all that participated. Forty-three rockets were purchased by nearly twenty buyers from all over the U.S. Some people bought just one, some quite a few. Some as gifts, some for themselves. Some for a specific project or purpose, others just to add to their general fleet and fun in flying. More than anything, I am happy to see these rockets continue to be flown safely and for the enjoyment of others. Thanks again for taking part whether actively or from a far! (Now I have a big job ahead getting these out to the buyers... :y:)

Last edited:
Wanted to give a quick update to buyers... Thought it would be easiest through this thread...

First four rockets were delivered to (actually picked up at my house by) buyer today. Another 10 will be delivered by Friday evening. Others that are local all should know where/when rockets will be delivered at launches, etc. Again, payments are only due when items are picked up and/or totals with shipment cost is provided to those that will have their items shipped--I don't need any payments earlier than that.

Regarding shipping and getting payment totals out... Yes, I'm running behind. I wanted to have all this to you by this evening :(. Unfortunately until this afternoon I haven't been out of bed for 5 days (except going to the doctor; and yes, the last part of this sale was being managed between round-the-clock napping). After initial mis-diagnosis last week, I'm pretty sure they are correct now, in saying I have a bad case of walking pneumonia. I now have three days of the "new, stronger" antibiotic in me and, although I still am dealing with these violent, never-ending, dry coughing fits, I am no longer on my "death bed."

So buyers, please be patient. I hope to get final packing material tomorrow and will have totals out to you over the next few days.

Oh Geez .....perfect timing huh?
Sure hope you feel better soon Tim.

Ed

Making a purchase delivery today and getting some strange looks from folks at the truck stops...

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1407504826.616337.jpg

OK, 17 of 43 rockets delivered to three buyers.

Three buyer deliveries being held for MWP 12 delivery.

All other buyers with rockets being shipped should now have their totals in their email or PM boxes. Once payment is received, rockets will go out the next business day.

Well my Postmaster hates me... First I had a dozen uber boxes to drop off this morning; then I had to go back and show her how to use her POS to bring up Parcel Post as a shipping option--oh, well, it'll make my life easier moving forward now (and she kind of cutely acknowledged she appreciated the help--probably 25 at most, with a blonde girl complex, i.e., she's smart but on guard cause I'm sure she's taken a lot of crap in her short life).

A comment on shipping costs... Everyone was charged a price between the online discount price and the retail price. What I did was take the online price and added a packaging prorate depending on what box it was in and use of shipping materials (bubble wrap, paper packing, etc.). This offset helped pay ~40% of the $150+ I spent on boxes and packaging fill which is about right as I have 60% of the boxes left. In any case, average prorate adder was ~$2.50 but in no case was anyone charged more than the retail price for shipping the package.

Oh, and on Paypal fees... It looks like on some of the transfers Paypal did not dock me a fee. This may be due to the way it was sent, I am not a Paypal expert. In a few days I will go back and look at all the incoming transactions and if Paypal did not charge me a fee, and you sent the amount to cover the fee, I will do a partial refund of that amount.

Other general things... Retainers were included with all kits as appropriate. If they weren't screw on caps or snap rings (which were installed in the retainers), the retainer hardware was put in a plastic bag and taped on the side of the rocket typically around/near the fin can area. The tape used is high quality 3M 471 (which will pull off and not leave a mark on your rocket) so it shouldn't come off, but just in case, look so the retainer hardware isn't thrown away in the box/packaging inadvertently.

Rocksim files... I have been asked by a few to provide Rocksim files. I am happy to do so if I have them. A year ago I know I had them all, but I suffered a disk "meltdown" in 2013 and lost about a dozen that couldn't be pulled out of archive. If you'd like me to look for the Rocksim for your rocket, please PM or email and include the rocket(s) you purchased.

OK, about it; everyone should begin receiving their rockets by mid-week--ENJOY!

Last edited:
Yes on paypal while sending money you can chose to send it as a gift/friend or for a good/purchase. When you send it as a frown there are no paypal fees. When you send it as a good/service payment the paypal fees will apply.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Yes on paypal while sending money you can chose to send it as a gift/friend or for a good/purchase. When you send it as a frown there are no paypal fees. When you send it as a good/service payment the paypal fees will apply.

So the sender pays the fee in the above case?

There is no fee as long as the funds come directly out of a bank account or from your PayPal balance.

Correct when it is sent as a gift/friend then nobody pays fees. When it is for a good/service the seller pays fees. Usual people will incorporate the seller fee amount into the shipping fee.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

So the sender pays the fee in the above case?

It's real intention is for sending money to another person direct....hence no fee. Gifting. Many of our rocket brothers, including myself will opt for that when purchasing from another rocket brother..... kinda like the Masonic "secret handshake" thing.

Show's ones appreciation for a great product or good deal,plus it always feels good to beat the system every now and then!

Kinda like tipping, YOU get to keep that extra bit ya figured in for the fee:smile:

Last edited:
Gifting is great....but use it with care.

When you send money as a "gift" via PayPal, you lose the ability to use their dispute system for that transaction.

So, use it with care.

-Kevin

It is a 3% insurance policy. I have only had to open a dispute once in the last couple of years, and that was with a rocketry vendor, not a private party.

When you send money as a "gift" via PayPal, you lose the ability to use their dispute system for that transaction.

-Kevin

Back