• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Great Built Kit Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On #2 above, I am happy to send Troj my pricing sheet (assuming Troj is not purchasing) as a neutral third party check-and-balance.

Tim, if you want me to look at it, I will -- I leave that entirely up to you and what you think is right.

Were I in the market for an airframe right now, I'd have zero problems sending you an offer (pre-bid) under the terms you outlined.

-Kevin

Tim, if you want me to look at it, I will -- I leave that entirely up to you and what you think is right.

Were I in the market for an airframe right now, I'd have zero problems sending you an offer (pre-bid) under the terms you outlined.

-Kevin

Kevin,

I don't expect to sell all the kits, but if I did, it adds up to a decent sum. So, just so all will feel good about the sale, I will shoot you the pricing spreadsheet tomorrow morning when I get to work--just safer that way.

-Tim

OK, pricing spreadsheet has been shared with Troj. Pre-bidding starts in 90 minutes. I need to remind folks to send their pre-bids to dixontj936 at gmail dot com as I have already received some "premature" pre-bids in my PM box :no:.

Again, what I need on a pre-bid are three things: rocket name, price you are willing to pay, and whether your price includes recovery gear or not.

BTW, I have had the question asked, and recovery gear does not include the electronics :shock:; recovery gear consists of shock cords, deployment bags/shields, main, drogue and pilot chutes as appropriate for the design; also quick links and swivels will be included. About the only thing not included would be a tether. If the recovery design requires it, then the tether would need to be supplied by the buyer.

A few comments on recovery gear... I use one full set of recovery for every rocket I build. I simply don't enjoy searching and swapping to get ready for a launch. Saying that, typically, if a rocket has only one flight on it, that is also true for the recovery gear. Well, to be correct, the recovery would have one flight, and one or two ground tests, but that is it. Typical chute brands I use are Spherachutes, Top Flight (especially the Ultra X for drogue) and Rocketman. This is only typical, any one rocket could have a mix of the above, or potentially something else, but the above dominates. Deployment bags are about 50-50 purchased primarily from Rocketman and built by me utilizing high quality Nomex and Kevlar thread materials. In this sale I have decided to include recovery on any rocket that is motor deploy or electronic single deploy. If a rocket is dual deploy (and thus more materials) I have priced it separately. My feeling is that the recovery is significantly "under priced." Personally, I don't care if you purchase the recovery or not, as the rockets are what I really need to move. If most rockets are purchased without recovery, that will be fine as I will just have a "Great Recovery Gear Sale" in the future :eek:.

OK, pricing spreadsheet has been shared with Troj. Pre-bidding starts in 90 minutes. I need to remind folks to send their pre-bids to dixontj936 at gmail dot com as I have already received some "premature" pre-bids in my PM box :no:.

Hey, cool! You included the Al Gloer multiplier we discussed at LDRS...

Interesting bid strategies... Wide range of interests... Lots of participants...

All I can say, is that I'm glad I'm not doing the pre-bid phase via PM--JEEZ!

Hey, cool! You included the Al Gloer multiplier we discussed at LDRS...

Asking price x 0.63 is my usual multiplier. Hey I had a vendor ask me where he should ship his first born daughter during one negotiation. In a reverse bid situation I once managed to get a prospect to bid against themselves.

Asking price x 0.63 is my usual multiplier. Hey I had a vendor ask me where he should ship his first born daughter during one negotiation. In a reverse bid situation I once managed to get a prospect to bid against themselves.

I didn't know you were a professional negotiator. And Troj has you pissed. You are forthwith banned from bidding. :eyeroll:

Naw not a pro, I just do it as as side job at work. Sort of a stress relief thing. Funny thing is I suck at yard sales. Just tell me how much you want for it and If I want to pay that much fine. Besides, I'll just get the difference between what I think is cool and what you do out of Troj...

Naw not a pro, I just do it as as side job at work. Sort of a stress relief thing. Funny thing is I suck at yard sales. Just tell me how much you want for it and If I want to pay that much fine. Besides, I'll just get the difference between what I think is cool and what you do out of Troj...

You'll get something out of me, Al, but it sure as heck ain't cash.... :D

After eight hours in the pre-bid window 21 rockets have been sold. Availability has been updated in posts 65 through 70 on page 3 of this thread.

Tim...

Tried to send you a pm but it says you have exceeded your pm storage quota and have to clear space before you can get more.

Ed

Pre-bidding has ended and over half the rockets are sold. In dealing with the buyers there are many reasons they have had to purchase, whether it is as a test bed for motors, to expand their fleet, or to acquire that one rocket design they have always liked. This is part of the sales process I really enjoy.

Next step at 1pm is to post prices for all remaining rockets. I will be lowering the price on one or two things (not raising, this can be checked with Troj). Before I was going to post pricing in groups, but with most of the groups depleted, I will just post all prices at the same time. So for those that were hesitant to pre-bid, or don't really like that process, this second phase gives you a chance to purchase.

Prices posted for all remaining rockets. Please use TRF PM to express interest during this phase (not email). The sale will last until midnight, Sunday, August 3rd.

Four more sold in first 15 minutes.

Too bad. As the proud new owner of your 4" ASP, the baby ASP would have made a nice addition. I simply sat on the fence too long!

Waiting for the next unbuilt kit liquidation...

Cheers,
Michael

Back