• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Great Built Kit Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who the heck are you to tell people NOT to buy ANYTHING let alone built kits?? Edit or remove your post or welcome to my naughty list!! SHEEESH!!!!

Jim? :eek: Jimmmm.....I have the mental capacity of an American Gray Squirrel and, even i could tell that Salvgemeister was pulling everyone's leg there.
From one Trucker to another, we need too get you more Fiber in your diet! :D You ate at a Flying J Truckstop didn't you? :eek: I made that mistake about 20 years ago and, haven't been back since...

Here's what you need to do...You find a Petro or Petro2 with one of those Iron Skillet restaurant things and, get the all you can eat salad bar. I highly recommend that you get alot of leafy greens.

Put some miles on that "Big Rig" and, find a Flying J to pull into...March right into that men's room with a newspaper under your arm and, proudly announce that... "I have business too attend to and, i'm NOT coming out until i have Excorsied the Demon!" Then flush twice and, get the h*ll outta there! :eek:

Remember we all have those days, every once in awhile...Drive safe my friend! ;)

Thinking about the process a bit more, I have decided to add a couple of "goals" to make it easier for TRF members to participate and know what they may or may not want to attempt to purchase. Note that in this context goals are best effort attempts, but I cannot promise these will be perfectly executed.

1. Once I get back from LDRS and inventory everything, an Excel spreadsheet with all rockets to be offered will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the sale.
  2. I will pre-prep before the sale and do my best to post rockets for sale, one rocket per post, in the order on the spreadsheet. These posts will be (attempt to be) done every 5 min. Given nearly 50 rockets this will take close to 4 hours.
  3. In each post I will give details of the rocket including history, construction techniques, number of flights, flaws, etc. I will also include a single recent picture of the rocket. I am happy to later post more detailed pics of the rockets, but these requests will only be addressed after all rockets are posted.
  4. I will clear my PM boxes right before the sale to make sure I don't get mixed up and am only receiving sale PM's. Only after all rockets are posted will I begin to sort through PM's and determine any winners so please don't keep PM'ing me on status while the sale is still being posted.
  5. An exception to #4--Although I do have an expanded PM Inbox, if during the sale I begin to reach it's limit, I will announce it in this thread and suspend new rockets posted until I answer PM's and clean up the Inbox. I will provide an estimate of the sale re-start time after assessing the Inbox.

Last edited:
Just just exactly what unnatural acts do I have to perform in order for that 2 stage with the Mongoose to become an invitation only discussion with only me invited? You know there is really no bottom end to the depths I will sink to...

Pssst.... Hey, Al? Manny's gonna distract Tim at LDRS, and I'll raid his vehicle while he's not looking. Our prices are very reasonable.

Just make sure you don't let Tim find out in advance....

Pssst.... Hey, Al? Manny's gonna distract Tim at LDRS, and I'll raid his vehicle while he's not looking. Our prices are very reasonable.

Just make sure you don't let Tim find out in advance....

Hmmm... Let's get this straight... Per post #1, rule #1, the rockets for sale are all those not flown by LDRS33 (as in the start), so those rockets at LDRS33 (BTW, all of which have never been flown) are not included. Saying that, I may even decide to throw one or two of those rockets in the sale also, but no guarantees. I will be honest, the amount of launches that I actually attend is fairly low--three to four large launches a year. I love to launch, but I really love to build. What does that mean? It means that by far the majority of the rockets that will be included in this sale have only flown one to maybe three times. Again, I will let you know the history of each, but really most of these things, save a nick or two, are brand new.

Oh, and I will have, as always, a Manny filter on at LDRS so distraction from him is impossible. But maybe, I should get a rental SUV with the "high security" upgrade just in case. :bangbang:

Wow, this is getting interesting! Just received this PM entitled (I am not saying who, but... bribery, never thought it would come to that?!??!):

Over Here...Hey Over Here...Free Wine and Cheese Served by Attractive Young Ladies

BTW, this would not distract me at a launch. How do I know? My (hot) wife has stopped going to launches because I go into the "laser focused" mode when I'm there at the prep table. She just can't handle it when I'm in the "zone."

Last edited:
Maybe you could get Troj to "shrink wrap" Manny to a tree for awhile, might keep him out of your hair. Seems to me you[Troj] DO owe him a "payback"......LOL.

It was probably because you offered to sell them with "complete" and "bare bones" options :D
Maybe that's what is was. I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for just shipping water.....

I do want to go on record that not only would I buy one of Tim's rockets, I would insist on having it signed. Superb techinician with attention to detail. His experience shows.

I do want to go on record that not only would I buy one of Tim's rockets, I would insist on having it signed. Superb techinician with attention to detail. His experience shows.

Wow, those are nice word, thanks!

But, at the end of the day these are just rockets. Hopefully giving the chance for others that fly more than me to enjoy them. John Haught who bought Hope-N-Pray from me yesterday put it well, he said, "he has been purchasing built rockets, because, although he likes to build, he likes flying even more." And now he's got another big one to fly!

I will also vouch for Tim's work too fyrwrxz :D....but, replace the the words "Superb Technician" with An*l and, your getting closer. :eek:

I do want to go on record that not only would I buy one of Tim's rockets, I would insist on having it signed.

+1 there. Tim is one of the true Craftsman among us. Sodmeister is another. True attention to detail and quality work. But, hey, you already sold Hope and Pray? What happened to the "all rockets to be offered will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the sale" promise?

What happened to the "all rockets to be offered will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the sale" promise?

Hope & Pray was offered before; the original buyer backed out, cancelled, whatever. So he put it back up for sale.

-Kevin

+1 there. Tim is one of the true Craftsman among us. Sodmeister is another. True attention to detail and quality work. But, hey, you already sold Hope and Pray? What happened to the "all rockets to be offered will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the sale" promise?

Sather, sorry for the confusion. Hope-N-Pray was listed separately for sale before Thunderstruck (https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?62960-LARGE-rocket-for-sale). This transaction was well in-process before starting this thread; finally consummated yesterday though.

It seems that most already know that Tim is a superior quality builder, but as the new owner of "Hope & Pray", I can hands on vouch that all the previous accolades are true. Very well constructed with an eye for detail. I expected that as with most of the built rockets I have purchased, that I would be spending a lot of time and effort to get them up to the flight ready standards that I require, but after nit picking this thing apart there really is nothing on it that I would change. Very nice guy, very up front, and a pleasure to deal with. Please do not hesitate to purchase anything Tim, you'll get much more than you pay for. Actually do hesitate a little to give a chance at few more. (Lol)

John Haught

VP Tripoli Pittsburgh

Gus, I thought I removed that ill inspired post(typing this with head hanging low)

We all have our moments, Jim.

I'd love to say I've never had mine, but it'd be far too easy for you guys to prove me a liar.

-Kevin

Gus, I thought I removed that ill inspired post(typing this with head hanging low)

Ohhhh.....get that chin up! ;) I don't think any less of you for what happened....as a matter of fact, i think someday you'll run into Salvagemeister and, have a good laugh over past tense. :D

We ALL have those days...you and, i work long stressful hours like many others on this forum and, sometimes we vent the direction we don't need/mean too.

True Story...*honest* :rolleyes:

The other day, i'm driving back into Indianapolis in my happy little Semi-Truck and, i'm almost to my exit when i get cut off by an SUV (like that's never happened too anyone.) So at the top of the ramp does my little "Rocket Scientist" friend follow the yield sign and, merge into traffic....Noooo...Since both Stop signs and, Yield signs have pretty much the same color combination... It's anchors out right in front of the lumbering behemoth that someone just tried to become one with. :facepalm:

Well....it takes about three traffic lights too finally catch this little wondrous proof of a million years of evolution gone backwards when were side by side at the last traffic light before i turn off into the industrial park that my home terminal is located in.

What do i do:confused:

A. Spit on his roof repeatedly? No...:no: That's not kosher.
B. Slap my hand on the outside of my door too get his attention, then stick my tongue out at him? No...:no: That's childish.
C. Launch a Pee Bottle (NO! Truck Drivers WOULD never, ever take a whizzola in a bottle just to keep rolling and, make an appointed time schedule. ;)) at his roof? No...:no: That could technically be considered *Assault* or in some places...*Biological Warfare*...

I just rolled my window down and, leaned out...yelling...

"If your Mother had, had change for a dollar...ALL you would have been, was a Bl:surprised:wj:surprised:b"!:rant: (Insert copyright symbol here...)

That was righteous. :eek:

We should probably let Timmy get back to selling off some of his rocket stuff...Heck he's already sold off a bunch of rocket shirts awhile back. I'm thinking someone :rolleyes: is trying to pony up some coin to get him a new Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Just so he can terrorize me.
Wouldn't put it past "Slick"! :D

Be careful out there my friend! :wink:

Last edited:
An update on this sale... I have to travel for work the balance of this week so the inventory will not be done until this weekend. On Monday, July 28th I hope to post all the items for sale on a single spreadsheet. Posting of the rockets for ACTUAL SALE will begin at 1pm EDT, Friday August 1st with one rocket posted every 5 minutes for approximately 4 hours. I have gotten requests for timing the sale for both West Coast and Western European participants and I believe the 1pm start time mostly accommodates that. There have also been requests (strangely by non-working minors) to have the sale on a weekend. Weekends for me are for family so I really cannot commit to the second request. I figure a Friday (mostly afternoon) would be as good as any. You can always tune in early Saturday morning to see what, if any, is left. I have also decided to sell three of the six rockets I flew at LDRS 33, again, like most, these are like-new rockets with only one to three flights on them.

Secondly, thinking about this, instead of individually pricing all recovery components I will probably have tiered pricing, i.e., <3" one price, 3" and 4" second price, 5.5" and above third price. Suffice it to say, recovery components, if you choose to purchase them, will include all "soft" items such as main and drogue chutes, shock cords, nomex protection and are fit specifically to the rocket you purchase. "Hard" items such as quick links and tethers will have to be sourced by the buyer.

Finally, I just purchased a boatload of boxes from U-Line. Of course, I may or may not use these, but I can tell you it is tough to find run-of-the-mill boxes that will fit built rockets. Shipping will tend to be expensive with 10 to 20 lbs boxes in various sizes of 36" to 48" run from $15 to $35 from my location to sampled locations nationwide. Please remember this when responding with interest. I will provide you with actual shipping cost for payment so you will not be overcharged, but there is a wide variation in shipping costs. Also, I am happy to provide FREE delivery within 50 miles of Danville, IL or at Midwest Power in October.

As a quick preview, included in the sale are:

• Six scale rockets
  • Two clusters
  • One staged
  • Two night launch rockets
  • Two camera/video rockets
  • Four novelty/odd-rocs
  • Plus many more...

Well, had an obligation this morning so away from the house. Had to prep and get some ribs on the grill. One more to do item for my wife, then it's on the cataloging the sale items...

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1406398708.827790.jpg

Back