URRF LOST & Found

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wclune

Reaction score
If you lost a rocket at URRF post info on it here. approximate location and a photo would help! The Squirrel is going hunting this weekend!

CATO'd motor case, somewhere near or in the irrigation channel under the left-most fin...

Should be able to shorten it if it's found!

attachment.php

4" Scratch Black Brant 6. I found the nosecone, tracker and main parachute.

URRF 2 BB6.jpg

I found the nosecone at the red X and searched the area in the yellow border. Flight line is green

map.jpg

Thanks for the help and great job with the launch! Scott

Formula 38. Lost it going up on a G74-9 single use. Has an Aeropack retainer.

Formula 38.jpg

If you lost a rocket at URRF post info on it here. approximate location and a photo would help! The Squirrel is going hunting this weekend!

I lost a Contour camcorder somewhere in a line between the away cell and the entrance on 364...:facepalm:

I lost a 38mm carbon rocket with a 5 grain pro-38 motor case a missile works rrc2+and Marshall falcon tracker it is blue and black. It should have hit around 18,000 the last direction was straight behind the pads heading towards penn yan

My rocket pooped out its 75mm 6 Grain CTI case on deployment. I am assuming I cross-threaded the retainer ring. It had a slimline 75-98 adapter tube which may or may not still be on it. I also had posted it lost in the journal at the recovery desk.

The rocket landed at the red X and I am guessing the case went with the drogue charge and estimated it in the highlight area. OF COURSE THE SQUIRREL WILL GET COMPENSATION (I was going to type that he would get a nut but that didn't look right)

motor case.JPG

Last edited:
My rocket pooped out its 75mm 6 Grain CTI case on deployment. I am assuming I cross-threaded the retainer ring. It had a slimline 75-98 adapter tube which may or may not still be on it. I also had posted it lost in the journal at the recovery desk.The rocket landed at the red X and I am guessing the case went with the drogue charge and estimated it in the highlight area. OF COURSE THE SQUIRREL WILL GET COMPENSATION (I was going to type that he would get a nut but that didn't look right)View attachment 177312
I have to ask, did you mean "poop" or "pop"? :p

Ouch! That's an expensive loss on a MPR motor. I feel for you. Hope you find it.

Not that bad, but thanks. Single use motor, not electronics. I took home a 'rescue' Ultimate DarkStar that had a bad day. Think I came out ahead. Still a sweet little bird I wouldn't mind getting back if found.

LOST my Wildthing Jr MD on 6/27. Silver w/ black fins and blue/red chute. Believed to be in this area circled.

urrf2 site.jpg

These are URRG FOUND rockets/parts. everything in this post was found by the end of URRF 2 or prior. The darkstar has been around a long time. The low power stuff has also been around for awhile.

So here;'s the photos. Our wonderfully sexxy URRG model Greg showing off some leg.

here's a Darkstar Jr thats been rocking out in our trailer for at least a year - tell me the name on the flip side or whats in the Ebay...

14484110870_4124902f85.jpg

pretty sure we picked this up at urrf 2
14484110610_a142b36ce1.jpg

this one too
14690679583_11498afba3.jpg

this is pre-urrf 2
14670456532_2044c4c1f7.jpg

I really don't know if someone lost a hammer or if he's plotting to kill me....
14484132029_f9fef036a1.jpg

Last edited:
That big daddy is mine... I left it there as a box of rockets.

Squirrel and I spotted a blue rocket in a tree at last month's launch but didn't have time to get it down. it's about the right size. I'll check it out saturday and see if it's still there.

Cool. I wouldn't expect it to be too far from the flight area.

Doesn't look like your rocket... it does look nice though. has a red chute way up in the tree.
024.jpg

!!!!
Yep, that is unquestionably Kyle's "Blaster 9,000"

Looked back there on both sides for a couple hours and couldn't find it. Unfortunately that looks pretty high up.

Thanks for the photo, I'm gonna have to try and get down there again and take a look.

it is on the other side of the creed WAY up there. squirrel is your only hope.

I think I can identify the purple wildman Jr as one we lost at LDRS 31. Tried PMing DizWolf but his box is full. Please PM me back so I can name and claim the rocket. My friends daughter will be thrilled to get it back!

Cleared my box, Also emailed your friend I believe. Nose is missing as is the chute, but the rest looks to be in good shape.

Looks like that yellow nosecone it mine. It was last spotted heading for the Hermit's property, so I didn't pursue it. So glad to see it was recovered!

-Rich

Trackers i have come to a love, hate relationship with them.

Looks like that yellow nosecone it mine. It was last spotted heading for the Hermit's property, so I didn't pursue it. So glad to see it was recovered!

-Rich

The knob will live again! Did you show Gloria the knob? get her to sign it next...

Apparently a mystery case was dug out of the ground. Anyone know if it was a 6000 with a retainer attached?

I know it's a long shot at this point, but may as well keep looking if there's hope!

Thanks!

Back