CRC Mid Power Builds V2.0

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRC

Reaction score
Hello all, after my first mid power builds thread reached 10 pages, I figured I should start Version 2.0 of my Mid powered madness.
Here is a link to my first mid power build thread, it has quit a few rockets I built that are all E-G impulse motor powered.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?59147-CRC-Mid-Power-Rocket-builds

Anyway, like my other thread this thread will be featuring all my E-G powered builds(I consider D's low power) Some builds will be shown more then others, but if you want to see a certain build, speak up when I start it so I can show more pics while I build.

What's a build thread without pics, so lets start round 2 off with what my next mid power build is. Thanks to K'tesh for ordering & shipping this(and a few others) to me....... A mega Mosquito!! the wife wants the mosquito, so I gave it to her even though I dought she will come out & will fly it.
Picture 4951.jpgPicture 4921.jpg

For the purpose of this build thread I will not use any DEET or be swatting at mosquitos. :wink:

Thanks, but I will say I'm a DEET believer!! Also Fire keeps mosquito's away, and I plan on Keeping E powered fire with this skeeter ;)
I got 1 fin glued together, MM built & installed, & even 1 LL glued on.
FWIW next build is a PSII kit.
Picture 4954.jpg

Thanks, but I will say I'm a DEET believer!! Also Fire keeps mosquito's away, and I plan on Keeping E powered fire with this skeeter ;)
I got 1 fin glued together, MM built & installed, & even 1 LL glued on.
FWIW next build is a PSII kit.
View attachment 177093
looking nice!
FWIW the mega skeeter should be able to take composites without a problem. An E15/18W or for CTI an E22 should work very well.
Which PSII do you have? They're really very nice kits!

Nate

Oh it will take composites whether it likes it or not, untill it runs away from home on them that is, I got a nice pile of AT E15's & E30's for it.
LMAO with all this deet & mosquito talk I keep seeing mosquito repelant ads in this thread at top & bottom of page.

What PSII kit is Next.....well you will have to just wait & see, but I will say it's not 1 of the 2 I built in my other mid power thread.

Got my Mega Mosquito built, just to to decide on paint now. But now it's built it's time to start thinking about my next build.....An Estes Pro Series II Partizon.
Picture 4976.jpg

Got my Mega Mosquito built, just to to decide on paint now. But now it's built it's time to start thinking about my next build.....An Estes Pro Series II Partizon.
View attachment 177493
Ooh the partizon!
Someone flew one at our club on Saturday on a CTI G80. Great motor for that rocket. I love the lines of that one.

Ooh the partizon!
Someone flew one at our club on Saturday on a CTI G80. Great motor for that rocket. I love the lines of that one.

I've actually noticed that the Partizon is a pretty good upscale of the Aerotech Arreaux. If I get one, I'll get Mark (stickershock23) to make me some Arreaux themed decals for it.

Hmmmm, I still got my Arreaux decal, just not the fin decals, but those would be easy to paint, I may look into this upscale idea, you know what % bigger it would be? I think the fin shape is a bit diff, I'm going to go look right now.

Hmmmm, I still got my Arreaux decal, just not the fin decals, but those would be easy to paint, I may look into this upscale idea, you know what % bigger it would be? I think the fin shape is a bit diff, I'm going to go look right now.

Assuming my math isn't off, it would be approximately a 137% upscale. Your correct, the fins are not quite the right shape, but they are pretty close.

I just got primer on the Mega mosquito, but there is still some sanding & filling I want to do before paint, so in meantime I figured I'd start the Partizon, here is a pic of most of the pieces I'll be using, I will be modifying a few things like,no thrust ring, SC mount, adding payload bay, swivel & maybe a few other lil things.
Picture 5040.jpg

I got my Partizon well under way, I got MM put together with a steel cable leader, made a bulkhead for a payload bay, I attached the stock elastic to the other end of the leader & now fins are going on.
My Mosquito is in paint, Hoping to be able to lay colour on BT tonight.
Picture 5053.jpgPicture 5054.jpgPicture 5055.jpgPicture 5058.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the mega skeeter, fins will be safety orange along with a few stripes & decal. Partizon, the external filets are going on.
Picture.jpg

My Mega Mosquito is complete(other then clear coat) I chose not to go stock colours....who'd guess eh?
Picture 5070.jpgPicture 5073.jpg

Now my mosquito is done it's time to finish the Partizon. Since it's almost ready for paint, I'll also announce that that my next build is an Estes Pro series II Leviathon named SNAFU, that fellow trf member K'Tesh named, it will be pretty stock with exeption of SC mount. Pics of SNAFU later.
Picture 5074.jpg

The partizon is getting primer & the leviathon has been started & MM built.(pics attached) Also here is my latest video I made of our clubs last few launches.
https://youtu.be/kGvGWYexFZs
Picture 5069.jpgPicture 5068.jpg

My Partizon is getting colour, here is a teaser of the nosecone after paint, & the Leviathon named Snafu is close to built, the exterior fin fillets are being done, the steel sc leader is epoxied as well as I spread some on inside of tube coupler to aid in hot gas protection. Just got to glue on the other LL, do some filling & sanding & Snafu is ready for primer.
Picture 5081.jpgPicture 5080.jpg

Here is a update picture of my Partizon with some paint on it & of SNAFU(leviathon) all built & waiting for primer.
Picture 5084.jpg

Here is my finished(other then clear) Partizon. Next up is prime & sand the Leviathon named Snafu.
Picture 5086.jpgPicture 5087.jpg

Progress is being made on Snafu, my Leviathon. Slowly but surly it's getting painted. I got it primered & base olive green on it. Next is to give Snafu his stripes, after all these years Snafu did manage to gain rank from private to Sergeant, not cause of his outstanding service, but rather cause he been around for so many years :)
Picture 5084.jpgPicture 5085.jpg

Paint is looking nice! I'm envious:)- I've been having a bad spell with paint:mad:

Nate

Take your time with paint Nate, thats the key I find. My paint is by no means perfect, but I aim for a 3' paint job(meaning it looks great at arms length away)
So I got some stripes on SNAFU, next is to figure out how I want the decals & name to be placed.
Picture 5086.jpgPicture 5090.jpg

SNAFU is basicly done(no clear yet as usual) I got his name done in vinyl, gave him his rank, added a few decals over aluminum tape & called it done.
1000 bonus points to the person that can tell me what 2 rockets the serial # decals came from.....I'm still amazed that many of you probably will know. :)
I already got my next build ready, it's a kit but I'll be heavily modifying it to make it very different from stock. But here is SNAFU the PSII leviathon

Picture 5098.jpgPicture 5096.jpgPicture 5097.jpg

SNAFU is basicly done(no clear yet as usual) I got his name done in vinyl, gave him his rank, added a few decals over aluminum tape & called it done.
1000 bonus points to the person that can tell me what 2 rockets the serial # decals came from.....I'm still amazed that many of you probably will know. :)
I already got my next build ready, it's a kit but I'll be heavily modifying it to make it very different from stock. But here is SNAFU the PSII leviathon

View attachment 181143View attachment 181144View attachment 181145

Preliminary Research shows the top one being from a PML AMRAAM 2? When did you build that? did I miss something?:cyclops:
https://www.publicmissiles.com/pml/images/amraam2instructions.pdf
Nate

Last edited:
Well you were very close Nate on both, but niether is completly right although the decals seem be same on multiple kits, so you only get 500 points ;) I never seen the Qmodeling, but that looks like a cool kit. Top one is from a PML Amraam 3,(my buddies rocket) other is from an Estes bullpup.

Next build wont start for a few days since I'm going away to Vancouver for a few days, but the base for the build is this....Estes PSII Argent. I already got one so this one I'll be trying to not make it look not stock. When I'll be in Van I'm going to stock up on CTI motors from coast rocketry :)

Picture 5091.jpg

I have not worked on my customized argent, but I did get to fly my Partizon & Snafu, both maiden flights were not pansy motors, both rockets first flights were with CTI F120 vmax, both flights were great, landing for the partizon was almost spoiled by a hungry tree, but my trusty rental car & a launch rod were able to help me get it from the tree's clutches.
Both pics taken by Sue from coast rocketry.

10649461_10152711470223324_2762564020079948237_n.jpg10622953_10152711470298324_7010555412001680814_n.jpg

Great recovery shots. Are you planning on adding electronics to the Partizon?

Also, really looking forward to the new argent build. Have you built a mega red max?

Back