"Natural Green" Fiberglass Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just talked to Jack Garibaldi. He says he still has quite a few kits and tubes still in stock (leftovers from Tweety Bird). He says he'll send me an inventory when he gets back home - I'm almost certain he'll have something that tickles my fancy... :)

Oooh... if there are any 5" airframe and/or couplers please gimme a heads up.

Absolutely. I've got my eyes on possibly doing a 5" project as well - having seen Fred's Intimidator 5 fly a few times now has got me inspired...

Last edited:
5" seems HUGE next to a 3" rocket!! The nosecone alone from my Jart weighs more than my Kraken!

The one nice thing about black fibreglass, is that if you paint your rocket black, and the paint gets chipped, it won't be very noticeable (as a recently discovered). Otherwise I agree. Black is cooler, but green is more practical.

It would appear that the Painkiller 3 is natural/green FG. Looks like a black NC though. Mine should be in tomorrow to confirm.

I liked the black FG on my wildman and darkstar. No paint and nice and easy to inject with known amounts for fillets.

It would appear that the Painkiller 3 is natural/green FG. Looks like a black NC though. Mine should be in tomorrow to confirm.

I liked the black FG on my wildman and darkstar. No paint and nice and easy to inject with known amounts for fillets.

Guys - the unpigmented parts aren't "OOP." They're still available from everybody except Wildman, who is likely stocking all black parts by choice to brand his kits. Savvy move by Wildman, a differentiator when most high-end kits these days share a common supplier.

Simple enough-

Guys - the unpigmented parts aren't "OOP." They're still available from everybody except Wildman, who is likely stocking all black parts by choice to brand his kits. Savvy move by Wildman, a differentiator when most high-end kits these days share a common supplier.

never thought they went OOP, just less and less kits using them. Wildman went black, RW has a ton of kits in colored fiberglass, proline kits are black, etc.

The one nice thing about black fibreglass, is that if you paint your rocket black, and the paint gets chipped, it won't be very noticeable (as a recently discovered). Otherwise I agree. Black is cooler, but green is more practical.

And when you chip a painted black rocket( most of my rockets are black) use a sharpie to touch up.

The concern I have with black rockets is heat. Some have said that black rockets sitting in the desert sun for a little while can get too hot to even touch.

Simple enough-
Oh, that make sense now!

If you want a kit or custom design of your own produced in the Natural Green G12 Just give me a call or shoot me an email, I can most likely get it done for you. What I can't do is make a kit that's made by another manufacturer though.

If you want a kit or custom design of your own produced in the Natural Green G12 Just give me a call or shoot me an email, I can most likely get it done for you. What I can't do is make a kit that's made by another manufacturer though.

Just dropped you an email - thanks so much!

Back