The Remarkable Rocket Recovery Harness Giveaway

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to TRF for hosting this and to Ted for an awesome idea. It brought a lot of lurkers out of the shadows and knocked the dust off some old timers as well.

Thanks to TRF for hosting this and to Ted for an awesome idea. It brought a lot of lurkers out of the shadows and knocked the dust off some old timers as well.

You're quite welcome....
It did right ???
That's actually pretty funny...

Teddy

I haven't heard from either of the winners yet
so I just sent them a PM here on TRF...

Hi,
My name is Ted Chernok and you won a prize in my promotion, The "Onebadhawk Recovery Harness give a way"........
If you'll check this thread---

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...ery-Harness-Giveaway/page7&highlight=Giveaway

and shoot me an email at [email protected]

I'll need your shipping address
and let me know if the prize fits your intended rocket or if you'd like a different harness....
My heartiest congratulations on winning,
and thank you for participating in the promotion it really was a blast...

Teddy

Sweet! The last thing I won was a blue microwave about 14 years ago while Co-Oping at my first real job in school... This definitely beats a blue microwave (which I did use by the way)!

Thanks Ted!

Congrats to all the winners!!
This was a great idea, maybe we can set it up so that the winners sponsor the next raffle...

Nate

Congrats to all the winners!!
This was a great idea, maybe we can set it up so that the winners sponsor the next raffle...

Nate

Some form of that has crossed my mind. Interested?

17024F024C90D44E4377D6

Thanks to Ted and Austin for hosting this giveaway. I honestly never enter anything cause... Well... I just never win.
This harness is definitely getting put to good use in my lvl 3 cert rocket!

I honestly wish I could host something like this but unfortunately don't have much of anything to give away that would be useful to anyone.

Thanks again for your generosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You are all absolutely so very welcome.....
This truly was a fun thing to do,,,,
My harnesses are prizes all the time in all of the local clubs raffles,,,,,,
so,,,,
Why not......

Teddy

Oh crap,,,,,
What the heck is that,,,,
It took quite a while before I realized she's the one
that let the thing go and it came back around at her..........
That's terrible..... lol

Teddy

Oh crap,,,,,
What the heck is that,,,,
It took quite a while before I realized she's the one
that let the thing go and it came back around at her..........
That's terrible..... lol

Teddy

Looks like a watermelon catapult backfire! Ouch!

Looks like a watermelon catapult backfire! Ouch!

There's no way your telling me that splat straight in the middle of her face was a watermelon.........
She wound up in the hospital after that one fer sure....

Teddy

You are all absolutely so very welcome.....
This truly was a fun thing to do,,,,
My harnesses are prizes all the time in all of the local clubs raffles,,,,,,
so,,,,
Why not......

Teddy

Maybe once things settle down around the house (new baby and what have you) I'll purchase a few different harnesses and have a raffle at MDRA. Perhaps the red glare launch. If that is alright with you.

Maybe once things settle down around the house (new baby and what have you) I'll purchase a few different harnesses and have a raffle at MDRA. Perhaps the red glare launch. If that is alright with you.

Why of course it is ,,,
I'll be there for sure,,,,
What a fantastic launch that is....

Teddy

Why of course it is ,,,
I'll be there for sure,,,,
What a fantastic launch that is....

Teddy

If everything goes right this fall I will be attempting my lvl 3 at redglare. Shooting to go for lvl 2 with in the next month. Fingers crossed.

There's no way your telling me that splat straight in the middle of her face was a watermelon.........
She wound up in the hospital after that one fer sure....

Teddy

It's from some network "reality" show or another from a few years back. Never saw the show but this clip was popular on the web and some TV clip shows at the time. She was injured but not as badly as you would expect, as I recall.

Thanks from me, too, for offering this drawing. If you decide to do it again, I'll try again.

Kenn

It's from some network "reality" show or another from a few years back. Never saw the show but this clip was popular on the web and some TV clip shows at the time. She was injured but not as badly as you would expect, as I recall.

Thanks from me, too, for offering this drawing. If you decide to do it again, I'll try again.

Kenn

Kenn,,
It just seems like that was the shot to end all shots......
Like it would have done some serious damage....
The rind of a watermelon is really tough....

Your very welcome,, it was my pleasure..
You don't have to wait for another promotion...
I have a promotion every day,,,
You are even guaranteed to win and the prize is the exact harness you need......
There is a nominal entry fee though.......................lol

Teddy

Received my harness from Ted over at One Bad Hawk. Nice worksmanship. Thanks Ted!

20140809_150906.jpg

Your quite welcome Bob,,
Enjoy the harness..
Be safe...
Teddy

Ooh, me

I need another reason to build a big rocket

This is still going on for sure...
Just come choose the prize you'd like at--

www.Onebadhawk.com

Let me know in an email all of the prizes you'd like..
And I'll get an entry fee invoice out to you...lol...

Teddy

You got me, too. Didn't check the dates!

Hedging my bet and late entry by ordering ~exactly~ what I need for a few projects I have in progess one of wich needs a heavy duty swivel sewn into the fin can loop. Yes, he does that, too.

Teddy's work is of such high quality that it no longer makes sense to sew my own recocery trains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back