Estes - Four Stars for Customer Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
I bought a couple of their crayon rockets for my neighbors kids (been trying to get them hooked for a while now). Sadly when we opened the packages on the field the fin cans looked like the molding process failed badly and the fins were badly warped. We managed to get one flyable and the other FC was a total loss. I had heard that Estes does great customer service and figured I'd give them a whirl. I sent a photo of the warped fin can to them on Friday and this morning I had a e-mail from a Mr. Mike Fritz, their director of marketing, stating that they were very disappointed that something that poor made it through QC and to a customer. He was taking steps to get me a new set of fins as fast as possible. I had a parallel note from Christine that she was processing the order immediately. I actually got a second note from Mike ten minutes later that the parts were boxed up and on the dock pending shipment. When I made sure to thank him, he gave it an "aw shucks, we got lucky as the parts were just conveniently on hand."

Still, I work with suppliers all the time and have seldom seen this kind of first rate support. While I do not buy a lot of Estes, I'm an MPR/HPR guy, they do have my business and respect for a job well done.

Bravo!

Last edited:
Feel the need to add to the Estes Customer Service is awesome. We had a G80 CATO this weekend. Split the case and blow torched a PSII Nike Smoke. I sent the photos to Estes on Monday, and just got an order notice...1 PSII Nike Smoke and 1 G80-7T for $0. No hassle, no debate, no follow up questions even, just good customer service.

When G80s attack:

photo 2.jpg photo 5.jpg

This just never gets old. An E12 cato on Saturday, an email to Estes customer service on Sunday, a reply from Christine on Monday, an Estes Warranty shipping notice on Wednesday. They're the BEST !

IMG_0077 (768x1024).jpg IMG_0076 (1024x768).jpg IMG_0078 (1024x768).jpg

Of course, those who witnessed this know that the root cause was not a defective nozzle. It was my unfortunate decision to do the countdown in German that angered the rocket gods. I didn't mention that in the email :eek: .

The damage was limited to a 3 inch zipper. Repairs already underway (I did mention that in the email).

Back