• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4 expended aluminum 29mm motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently had the chance to fly these. Now you can recycle them into snap-ring style motors!!

Just cut the nozzle and bulkhead off, clean them up, add grooves for c-rings and you're on the way to some cheap reloadable cases.

Two AeroTech H125's, two AeroTech H70's.

PM me and I'll send them to you no charge. First come first serve.

For groups that setup booths to introduce rocketry to people, expended motors like this are a real plus.

-Kevin

I recently had the chance to fly these. Now you can recycle them into snap-ring style motors!!

Just cut the nozzle and bulkhead off, clean them up, add grooves for c-rings and you're on the way to some cheap reloadable cases.

Two AeroTech H125's, two AeroTech H70's.

PM me and I'll send them to you no charge. First come first serve.

Nice. I still have an H70 although I'm pretty sure it uses something other than an aluminum case. I'll need to dig it out to confirm.

Nice. I still have an H70 although I'm pretty sure it uses something other than an aluminum case. I'll need to dig it out to confirm.

I have some H70s. Definitely not aluminum. Sounds like these would be nice for single-use style research motors too. Cut off one end, clean / fill. Add nozzle or closure.

Jason, any idea on their year of production? I wonder when AT switch from Aluminum to fiberglass, phenolic, or whatever. Thanks!

Jason, any idea on their year of production? I wonder when AT switch from Aluminum to fiberglass, phenolic, or whatever. Thanks!

Late 90's. Aerotech was having a hard time getting decent fiberglass at that time and so switched to aluminum for a few years. I ended up with these particular ones because they had crooked nozzles and were not saleable. They made for a little cork-screwing, but what the heck.

I understand that now it is quite easy to source high quality fiberglass cases....awesome news for all of us who dig the new DMS line.

Jim Mitchell of Thunder Flame DPS days did some nice AL cased SU 38 mm motors.
I was lucky enough that someone gave me a J 350 Inferno Red and an I 270 Yellow Jacket to fly.

JD

Back