Old Condor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Going through some rockets from my youth and came across this one. Circa 1980???

View attachment 176702

The motor mount was ejected out. If my memory is correct, I think this flew on mini motors? Also, should I keep it as is, or do a repaint?

Going through some rockets from my youth and came across this one. Circa 1980???

View attachment 176702

The motor mount was ejected out. If my memory is correct, I think this flew on mini motors? Also, should I keep it as is, or do a repaint?

If it was mine, I'd keep it as it is. It was good enough at one time, and it would be nice to have a touchstone to 1980 at this point. You can always clone it. The decals are easy to print.

ahhh the memories that brings back! def leave it as is! maybe a clean and polish. loved that rocket!

I have one that I cloned using Semroc parts.
Flies great on A10-3T's, that little canard glider went the length of a foot ball field and then some.
It is an awesome little rocket!
I would definitely clone it if I were you.

i think it would be cool to treat it the way Hot rod guys do when they find a great old car in a barn.... they clean the dirt off and then clear coat over top of all the rust and patina to seal in the old look without disturbing it :)

Back