One case to rule them all ? 75-6000?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Mostly a question as I am a little confused.

I have a Gorilla 75-6000 case, so i can fly Gorilla Motors...... and AMW

.... and with appropriate forward and back bits.... Loki 6000's (M1200SF Yeah!)

.... and with the hubcap.... CTI

erm.. Can I fly Aerotech in here?

Is there anything that this case will not fit (dont be smart and say it wont fit a 2 grain pro29)

Thanks

Rob

Aerotech liners will fit, but there's no Aerotech loads certified for that case. There are KBA loads for the 7600, though. If you really wanted to, it looks like you could make an M1315W fit with the hockey puck forward bulkhead. With the Gorilla throat (0.766) it'd be running a little quick, but probably pretty manageable (for WL, n=0.296 0.45, thanks Tony!). I take no responsibility for what happens if you try this and your rocket blows up ;)

The 6000 is my favorite case ever-- it flies 4" and 6" rockets really nicely and it's really tough to screw it up. (he says, furiously knocking on his desk.)

Last edited:
Aerotech liners will fit, but there's no Aerotech loads certified for that case. There are KBA loads for the 7600, though. If you really wanted to, it looks like you could make an M1315W fit with the hockey puck forward bulkhead. With the Gorilla throat (0.766) it'd be running a little quick, but probably pretty manageable (for WL, n=0.296 if I'm reading my notes right). I take no responsibility for what happens if you try this and your rocket blows up ;)

The 6000 is my favorite case ever-- it flies 4" and 6" rockets really nicely and it's really tough to screw it up. (he says, furiously knocking on his desk.)

I have CATO'd 2 in a row.

Doh.

I was thiiiiiiiiis close to taking a cheap shot at you in my post but opted out at the last minute... Thanks for doing it for me :lol: :cheers: :D

The first one was almost certainly due to the already compromised case. The second was probably due to a loose liner step in the convolute liner. It was turned for spiral phenolic.

Either way, it's on me.

Is there anything that this case will not fit (dont be smart and say it wont fit a 2 grain pro29)

No. Pro29-2G is wrong. That will fit in the case. Now something like a Pro98 6XLG won't. Saying an N5800 won't fit is being smart.

Later!

Mostly a question as I am a little confused.

.... and with the hubcap.... CTI

erm.. Can I fly Aerotech in here?

With CTI O-rings, you can fly Aerotech in CTI cases, as such, you should be able to fly Aerotech in the 75/6000 with a hubcap and CTI O-rings. Obviously not certified

With CTI O-rings, you can fly Aerotech in CTI cases, as such, you should be able to fly Aerotech in the 75/6000 with a hubcap and CTI O-rings. Obviously not certified

That was where my line of thought was going.

That's why I have four 6000 hardware sets....good stuff

Aerotech liners will fit, but there's no Aerotech loads certified for that case. There are KBA loads for the 7600, though. If you really wanted to, it looks like you could make an M1315W fit with the hockey puck forward bulkhead. With the Gorilla throat (0.766) it'd be running a little quick, but probably pretty manageable (for WL, n=0.296 0.45, thanks Tony!). I take no responsibility for what happens if you try this and your rocket blows up ;)

FWIW, if anyone is in need of one, I have an AMW 75-6000 complete motor (used twice) that I'm going to post in the Yard Sale shortly -- I just need to pull it out, and get pictures first.

-Kevin

I was gonna write it up, but Dan beat me to it...

The 75-6000 does a great job with -4800 and -3500 loads. Just loan it to Dan first.

:kill:

I was gonna write it up, but Dan beat me to it...

The 75-6000 does a great job with -4800 and -3500 loads. Just loan it to Dan first.

:kill:

Ouch Al. Thought we were friends... :p

Seeing as the second 6000 I CATO'd is in or near the irrigation channel and yet to be recovered, here's a current family picture!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1404596114.783008.jpg

Back