speed poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speed

• 500mph

• 600mph

• transonic

• mach1

• mach 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mach 1.2 is my top speed so far.

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

How fast have our rockets gone or how fast have WE gone? well its all relative

right now we are riding on a planet orbiting the sun at 100,000 kmh

Successfully?

Unsuccessfully?

There's no option for 3 or 4?

Just over Mach 3 (3,000 or so ft/s at around 50K feet, where speed of sound is a bit lower - but it still counts, right?). Data posted too many times already.

Jim

Well, I've done this a couple times. The first was kind of by accident, I stuffed an AT I-300 in a minimum diameter rocket. You can hear the sonic pop on the video I took, (the rocket wasn't big enough for a sonic "boom". More recently, I had a scratch built, 6" diameter beast with a KBA M-1450. I had a strattologger on board, it showed a max speed of Mach 1.4, and hit that about 4 seconds into the flight. :) Phil L.

Somewhere about 350mph.
Estes Argent on a G75M

Nate

Anything above mach 1.0 is hypersonic. So lots of people have.

At Red Glare XVI in April, somebody hit mach 2+ (mach 2 is twice the speed of sound).

Hypersonic is usually considered Mach 5 and above. Mach 1-5 is Supersonic.

And, generally, between mach 0.8 and mach 1.2 (give or take) is referred to as transonic. In this regime some regions of the body will likely be experiencing supersonic flow and some will not.

The fact that I am on the earth means I am moving about 66,660 miles per hour around the Sun - also since I live at about 40 degrees latitude I am moving about 795 mph around the planets axis

About Mach 1.2 on a minimum diameter I-300.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

581mph - Wildman Vindicator DD CTI K740 cStar

One of my New Years resolutions is to go MACH this year .

Kenny

Last edited:
Back