Loc Legacy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketjet787

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had a Loc Legacy and if they liked it. It seems like a really cool rocket that can really get going on 29mm motors. I was wondering what people thought about putting motors in there like the H250 or the I200 :eyeroll:. What modifications would you suggest doing to fly those motors (fiberglassing it?). Also feel free to post pictures.

I have one. Its an easy build. I used fiberglass tape instead of fillets on the fin body joint. Flies well on H motors. I think a friend of mine flew it on an H400 but not sure. I'm considering building another one and leaving out the motor mount so that it is a 38mm mininum diameter just for the new AT SU I longburns.

That is a really good idea making it a minimum diameter. Thanks for the feedback.

That's a good idea going minimum diameter on these both 38 and 54mm . And how can you be a Jr L2 ? Or just being funny

If you are going minimum diameter I would for sure do a tip to tip lamination on the fins. The body tube needing lamination is questionable, but a layer or two of glass will make it last longer.

Also, on the motors you can stuff in it I might consider modding it to be dual deploy.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Yes tip to tip and glass the frame . Dual is a good idea

That's a good idea going minimum diameter on these both 38 and 54mm . And how can you be a Jr L2 ? Or just being funny

Under the tripoli mentoring program you can fly up to your mentors certification level under their supervision. My mentor is an L2.

Fantastic rocket. You can flip the fins to get a different profile. Go tip to tip. Have several and on G64-H180 are super high fliers.

I was wondering if anybody had a Loc Legacy and if they liked it. It seems like a really cool rocket that can really get going on 29mm motors. I was wondering what people thought about putting motors in there like the H250 or the I200 :eyeroll:. What modifications would you suggest doing to fly those motors (fiberglassing it?). Also feel free to post pictures.

"We" (my wife) had one. After I lost her Aerotech Baracuda on a G33, she bought a Loc Legacy. Painted it her favorite color and took it down to the DuPage launch area where I suggested a G80 Fast White Lightening.
It flew great! Straight, High and perfect deployment.
Then it all went to heck and hung in an 80' Cottonwood where she watched it rot for the next year!
She never built another rocket :( .

But, I really like that rocket! It is a great flier.

Cole

The Legacy, Weasel and Aura are all great fliers on cheap motors. I have a stretched Aura and it's pretty crazy how high it goes on $17 worth of motor.

Latest posts

Back