Cargo for NARAM?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
In a few weeks, my sons and I will me making the trek to Pueblo, Colorado for NARAM. We can drive my car, my wife's car, or we can pull our trailer (as we have for several other NARAM trips). The thing is, the trip to Pueblo from Canton, Ohio is almost 1500 miles. Pulling the trailer causes us to lose about 50 percent of our fuel economy.

For just the three of us (and a few boxes from our friends at NARTS) we probably won't bother pulling the trailer.

But it occurred to me that many who will travel to Pueblo may be flying and won't be able to take motors or any kind of HPR project. If we pull the trailer, we'll have plenty of room to spare. Our trailer is about 5 ft. wide and 12 ft. long with a ramp door.

Here's the math. I estimate that we'll need close to 75 gallons of fuel for the trip to Pueblo and back (not counting back and forth to the hotel, etc.) at current prices, I'm budgeting that to land us near $300. That figure doubles if we pull the trailer.

*BUT*

If enough people from Ohio (and points west) want to put their stuff in our trailer and are willing to help with gas, I would be willing to bring it along.

The question is, Are there enough (or any) people who would have an interest in such an arrangement?

If you have an interest in such an arrangement post here or PM me. if i don't hear from anyone, I guess I'll have my answer.

How much to tie me to the roof of the trailer?:y:
If not for a trip to move my daughter to LA back in May, (I had to drive her car out there, but I did get to plan my route to include as much Rt. 66 as possible,) I would have given serious thought to NARAM this year. Alas, the LA trip pretty much scuttled any vacation ideas we had for 2014. I'll be watching to see where 2015 will be, and being a lot more careful with the extra money.
HA! I said "extra money"!

Woot! NARAM!
We can't wait!

Please note that the ranch is 10 miles west of Pueblo.
And that is just to the edge of Pueblo.
Add the distance from your hotel to the out skirts of Pueblo.

Also, you will not encounter any mountains if you go no further West then the ranch... Pueblo is nestled about 20-30 miles away from the rocky mountains.

That's assuming you are coming in via highway 50, and not interstate 25.

Our climate is essentially high desert plains...
Pretty views without the hassle of mountain driving lol :)

If y'all have any other Pueblo questions, I've lived here 28 years and would be happy to assist!

Would you be interested in hauling my 500mm zoom lens with you? It won't fit in my carry on bag and I don't own pelican cases for my camera gear. If you wanted to take pictures along the drive I could set you up with a camera body ( I currently have 6) and smaller lens to take pics along the way.

Would you be interested in hauling my 500mm zoom lens with you? It won't fit in my carry on bag and I don't own pelican cases for my camera gear. If you wanted to take pictures along the drive I could set you up with a camera body ( I currently have 6) and smaller lens to take pics along the way.

Even if we don't haul the trailer, I'd be happy to take that along. It shouldn't take much room in the car. PM me for details.

Back