URRF - Photos - added highlight and night gallery (short!)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizWolf

Reaction score
Well, I shot just about 10,000 photos for the weekend. I've started going through them and getting them uploaded to the site. I shot a lot and kept more than necessary (and some less than ideal shots) so you can see as much of the flight as possible and pick and choose what you'd like. I'm done with day one and out of 2400 put up about 1400. Day two and three should be up shortly. I've left them full frame, they'll crop down nicely if you choose.

I was previously only setup for selling prints, but after talking to people on the flight line it soon became obvious that digital delivery was the way to go. That's all setup now. I've left the option to order 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 as well.

It was a great weekend and many outstanding flights....and some 'interesting' ones as well.

Full galleries-
https://davidmccann.zenfolio.com/f986429550

Shorter highlight gallery-
https://davidmccann.zenfolio.com/p841242475

Night-
p109353581

Last edited:
Dave this is AWESOME I am glad you got the digital delivery thing worked out!

Thanks Bill! Remember guys, these will crop down just fine. I left them sized as is to get them up asap. (3 minutes a photo, times 10,000....) If anyone has a question on a specific photo or would like it cleaned up some let me know. I'm going to be getting Saturday's photos up likely by tomorrow evening.

I'm cutting more as I go to make it easier to navigate. If you have interest in seeing more of your flight, let me know. I typically shoot 8 frames a second from the time the LCO says "1" to apogee. So if you have a specific interest in how long a motor took to get up to pressure, or seeing the long line of smoke with a tiny dot at the end...toss me a PM

Is it OCD to want to toss these on the away cells? :) It's a whole new ball of wax I really wanna try at a launch sometime. Wondering if I can use these to outshoot the sun, without washing out the exhaust. Trouble is the recycle time. I'd have to be really good on the trigger, or shoot as normal and trip the lights based on motion, time, or...RF from the rocket at takeoff????? (i think I need more beer, and to consult with the coyote.I wonder if the flash from a launch would trip the optical triggers on the strobes...)

3658218300_d5da2b32ee.jpg

Dave at the away cells those would be Destroyed within a few launches if not the first.

Please say you caught my Orange nuke on the N2700 Sunday morning?

I didn't leave the field at all on Sunday, so I should have it. I'm going to try and edit the rest tonight. I'll flip through and check the nuke first thing this evening.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Matt

Dave,,
The shots came out fantastic...
Absolutely smokin pics....
Thank you for manning the camera.... lol

Teddy

Dave,,
The shots came out fantastic...
Absolutely smokin pics....
Thank you for manning the camera.... lol

Teddy

Dave....if you would like to do a short write-up, possibly with the help of other URRF attendees, and include the pick of the litter on the Photos, we could run a spread on URRF 2 in ROCKETS Magazine. If there is any video to accompany the photos, we would link the photos to the video, as we have been doing since the magazine went digital.

Food for thought....and for anyone else who would like to contribute, contact us at [email protected]

Neil

:flyingpig:

Dave,

Did you get the Level 3 drag race with Robert DeHate's Hermit Seeker? I think that was Saturday afternoon, but I can't find any pics of it.

I missed about an hour Saturday around 2 or 3. I do remember shooting the drag race though. I thought it was in there, I'll have to check.

Neil- well definitely get something together for the mag.

Yep, hermit seeker is up. About 1160 deep in the photos.

I thought I cropped those. I'll take a look and edit them tonight. Those are way out there

Last edited:
Wow, what a great wknd for flying.
I arrived 10:30a Thurs. Porta Potty truck stuck half way up rd.
Tim L. only made to the big bend turnoff.
URRG did a great job considering the field and road were muddy for setup Thurs.
2 URRG trucks were stuck out there.
By 3-4p it was almost all dry.

Photo 1019 Day 1 threading the line.

Last edited:
Did Hermit Seeker blow the main at apogee? We watched it take off, then left and it was landing in the main field as we were driving up by the main building. Any idea's of altitude?

Hermi blew its main at apogee again.... better early than never! It for sure needed more kick off the pad. Nice flight not sure what Robert got out of him.

Back