URRF - Photos - added highlight and night gallery (short!)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermi blew its main at apogee again.... better early than never! It for sure needed more kick off the pad. Nice flight not sure what Robert got out of him.

Wow!

He really didn't recover far from the other rocket, so I'm assuming if he hadn't blown the mains at apogee, he would have ended out by 364!

Wow, great photos. There are a few of mine in there that I'll need a copy of.

Check out photo number 755 from Sunday. I've never seen a rocket bent 90 degrees in flight(not mine). Interesting flight failure.

-brant

I've realized the galleries are a bit large and difficult to navigate. They'll stay up for anyone who wants to see multiple shots of their flight.
I've gone through all the photos and picked one or two of the best shots from each flight. I edited them and posted them all I to one gallery. This gallery has only 421 shots, and the shots are cropped much tighter,so it's much easier to view. Enjoy!

https://davidmccann.zenfolio.com/p841242475

Last edited:
I've realized the galleries are a bit large and difficult to navigate. They'll stay up for anyone who wants to see multiple shots of their flight.
I've gone through all the photos and picked one or two of the best shots from each flight. I edited them and posted them all I to one gallery. This gallery has only 421 shots, and the shots are cropped much tighter,so it's much easier to view. Enjoy!

https://davidmccann.zenfolio.com/p841242475

WWwowooooooooo
did you get some great shots Dave...
Unbelievable,,,

White lens huh,,,,,,,,,

Teddy

Thanks Teddy, but if you look at it the other way, I took 10,000 shot and only 1 out of every 200 made the gallery :)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10,000 shots...........
It would take me till the next URRF to process 10,000 shots.........lol
That's cheatin,,,,, no wonder you get such great shots..... lol

Teddy

Wow, great photos. There are a few of mine in there that I'll need a copy of.

Check out photo number 755 from Sunday. I've never seen a rocket bent 90 degrees in flight(not mine). Interesting flight failure.

-brant
I believe that's photo 662 on Sunday. I checked the rocket before it launched and pointed out the coupler was not tight, the airframe ends were not cut square, and the coupler overlap was not 1 caliber. I pointed out that it might fold on boost or possibly the g-loading might tighten it up enough to survive. Obviously the former effect dominated over the latter and Dave got a great picture of the failure. It was a painful learning experience for the student team but unfortunately Debra lost her signed Kosdon casing.

Bob

We heard the booster impact in the rear fields. I was hoping they were able to find it.

Last edited:
From OK to pieces in .25 seconds. That coupler never had a chance.

time: 13:28:07.13
14584605936_d48795fe26.jpg

13:28:08.27
14420974730_a22737cd5a.jpg

13:28:08.39
14604368751_edbf612b9c.jpg

13:28:08.52
14607610765_344c65d8b6.jpg

I believe that's photo 662 on Sunday. I checked the rocket before it launched and pointed out the coupler was not tight, the airframe ends were not cut square, and the coupler overlap was not 1 caliber. I pointed out that it might fold on boost or possibly the g-loading might tighten it up enough to survive. Obviously the former effect dominated over the latter and Dave got a great picture of the failure. It was a painful learning experience for the student team but unfortunately Debra lost her signed Kosdon casing.

Bob

I don't know where I got the number 755 from, but 458 on Sunday was a the "L" shaped one i meant. And 662 was another one like that.

The ones posted in this thread are of the UB-SEDS team's rocket.

There was another fold in half failure of a clustered Patriot earlier in the day. That was more of a J shape and was an airframe failure. I'll post some of that here later tonight

Woo hoo! I made the highlights! 76, 115, 118, 165, 227, 228, 265, and 389. :)

Busy weekend! nice flights, I think 116 is you too (don't worry, I'm pretty sure you've got enough vertical separation) :)

I can't believe nobody took some time exposure shots at the night launch.

tried time lapse, realized everyone was using sparkies and quickly went to shooting "normally" Still digging through those, It's going to be nearly impossible to ID most of them.

Back