Join KLOUDBusters for AIRFest XX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, KLOUDBusters brings you one of the premiere annual launches in the USA.

AIRFest XX will take place August 29, 2014 through September 1, 2014 at the Argonia Rocket Pasture.

All launch details are available on the AIRFest XX web-site located at https://www.kloudbusters.org/airfest/

The site is ready to accept your pre-registration and range duty volunteer sign-up.

All important information is on the web-site, but I will point out a couple important ones:
  • AIRFest XX will be conducted under the TRA Research Safety Code (RSC). TRA and NAR flyers may participate in AIRFest XX all 4 days and TRA members may fly research motors per their certification level and the TRA RSC.
  • The FAA waiver for the duration of AIRFest XX is 50,000' AGL all day every day. Flights planned above 23,000' AGL must complete the KLOUDbusters HiAlt Launch Application.
Plan now to attend AIRFest XX and help us celebrate the milestone 20th AIRFest at Argonia.

There is a thread for AIRFest XX Projects. Add your project photo and description in that thread.

tshirt_front.png

Thanks to TRF for giving us the chance to have a dedicated entry point in the Forum. Any questions or discussion may be posted here. We will monitor the threads and respond as needed.

Thanks,

Lance Lickteig
KLOUDBusters President
TRA 8569

Last edited:
Sharon and I have been waiting for this announcement. We were looking at the Kloudbusters website yesterday and couldn't find much information. This launch is well worth the 1000 mile drive to attend. I plan to fly a Dark Star Extreme on a CTI M1770 for my L-3 attempt. I would also like to fly my Blackhawk 54 if there is a tower available for a three fin, 54mm MD rocket.
Comfort's Condo will be back:
IMG_5647.jpg

I would also like to fly my Blackhawk 54 if there is a tower available for a three fin, 54mm MD rocket.

If you can't find one, contact me and let me know a little closer to the launch. I have one, but I'll have to be reminded to bring it. :)

Wayco,
Will have a 10' tower there. Usually have it set up on the 60's pads for the entire event.

If your sims show you're going above 25K, be sure to fill out the KLOUDBusters high altitude application in advance.

-Kevin

Should not be a problem, first flight with a J430 to see if the Eggfinder will work in a 54mm N/C is only showing 6500 ft. in Thrustcurve. I haven't built this rocket in Open Rocket, so no real sims yet, but after a couple of flights I will adjust the Cd in Thrustcurve and see what the K750 might get me. Nothing over 16,800 is showing up yet. There might be a mellow load in this rockets future.....

Wayne, we'll be there again this year and I'll have a tower you can use. We'll most likely be in the same place as last year...next to the Cajun Coalition. Just look for the Alabama flag (in your picture) and you'll find us. :wink:

I would also like to fly my Blackhawk 54 if there is a tower available for a three fin, 54mm MD rocket.
Comfort's Condo will be back:
IMG_5647.jpg

Anyone doing any big projects or Odd Rocks this year? Any drag races planned?

My absolute favorite Launch of the year! I'll be there for all four days, really looking forward to this again this year. Argonia is a pretty hard combo to beat with the best rocket pasture I've ever seen and some pretty awesome people too. See you all there!

Loki Research, AKA Scott Kormeier, will be at Airfest all 4 days. I'll have some exciting new reloads to demonstrate there as well, so keep your eyes and ears open to see them. Some of these have people flying them, and a few motors are still looking for people to fly for a discounted price. I am hoping to have most of them certified by then, but I can't predict TMT's schedule. Contact me off site through my email if you have any questions.

If there's anything specific you'd like to pick up from me, please let me know ahead of time. I will try to bring a few of every item and as well, I'll be running some great specials on complete hardware and reloads.

I'm looking forward to the getaway, visually tracking rockets through my binoculars to high altitudes, seeing all the fire, smoke and noise, seeing both old friends I've known and seeing new friends I made there last year. I'm looking forward to Wayne's cooking, as always, and of course the comradery of all the KLOUDBuster members. Thank you in advance for all of your hard work to make this launch happen guys! It's like a vacation for me. :)

We pre-registered tonight (#68 & 69). Seems like a low number given we're less than a month away. AIRFest has always been at the top of our -Go To- list. It's a bit of a drive for us, but we'll be there yet again...Ya'll Come!

Kevin & Kyle

We had a change in plans for this launch. I'm having a problem with my shoulder and can't lift anything over my head. If you've seen how we pack our truck for "Comfort's Condo", it would have been impossible for me to set up our campsite. We had been looking for a travel trailer after last years launch, but couldn't come up with anything that fit our budget and was small enough to tow with our truck. That changed Monday when Sharon found this:
traileroutside.jpg

It's a 27 ft. toy hauler set up for boondocking with a large water tank and solar panel. One year old and looks brand new.
I think that it will have to go to the back row, so no tent city with the Cajun's this time....
Plenty of room for rockets though, with bunk beds in the back and a fold down sofa. We're bringing the flag pole with the tye-dyed windsock and AZ flag, so stop by if you see it. I'm gonna miss the crowd at tent city.

I think that it will have to go to the back row, so no tent city with the Cajun's this time....
I'm gonna miss the crowd at tent city.

Just come over and "circle the wagons" with us, we keep all the rowdies & crazie's away. Nothing but just peace & quit.......:lol:

tent city is just a short walk. Can't see ya getting lonely over here in the trailer park!

Just a warning though............. you may become "guilty by association". Strange things are known to happen when the sun goes down.

Last edited:
Back