Ubolt on 3.9'' - 38mm Cenetering ring

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
Can I mount a Ubolt on 3.9'' - 38mm Cenetering ring

Photos attached of what it looks like, will have penny washers ether side and 4 nuts. I would fit this then epoxy the ring on the motor mount tube

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

Sweet, sold, thank you dude. Hopefully can fit a Delta link in there as well

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Although I like delta links, I might just use a quick link. It will fit better in the tight space.

I use 1/4 inch U-bolts on all my big rockets. Works great, and is super strong.

My technique is to locate, and drill the holes for the U-bolt on the centering ring where you want it. Test fit it to make sure its still where you want it, and it doesn't interfere with the MMT. Then remove the U-bolt, and glue the centering ring to the MMT. This makes leveling and aligning it much easier. Don't get carried away with the epoxy, you need the space to mount your U-bolt in later. Once the centering ring is secure, Mount in the U-bolt, and epoxy over the nuts for a permanent install.

Although I like delta links, I might just use a quick link. It will fit better in the tight space.

Good point about using a normal quick link. Have one spare here. Thanks.

I use 1/4 inch U-bolts on all my big rockets. Works great, and is super strong.

My technique is to locate, and drill the holes for the U-bolt on the centering ring where you want it. Test fit it to make sure its still where you want it, and it doesn't interfere with the MMT. Then remove the U-bolt, and glue the centering ring to the MMT. This makes leveling and aligning it much easier. Don't get carried away with the epoxy, you need the space to mount your U-bolt in later. Once the centering ring is secure, Mount in the U-bolt, and epoxy over the nuts for a permanent install.

I'll fit the ubolt then glue to the motor tube. Then fillet. Less messing about. Thanks for the tips.

I've done it. A tip: make sure you can connect stuff to it after you glue it in. This includes both not too close to the body tube wall that you can't get a link on, and not so far down the tube your forearm cant fit/reach. I've had to get my son with his skinny arms to attach stuff for me in 3.9" tubes.....

I've done it. A tip: make sure you can connect stuff to it after you glue it in. This includes both not too close to the body tube wall that you can't get a link on, and not so far down the tube your forearm cant fit/reach. I've had to get my son with his skinny arms to attach stuff for me in 3.9" tubes.....

Off too of my head the reach down is 19", will measure to be sure. Thanks for the reminder. Had forgotten about replacing.

Back