100% scale Ruhrstahl Kramer X-7

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the world of Mock-up !!

I have taken this bad but so much exciting habit to visualize in a very early stage my birds... simply because it is so much rewarding, self-encouraging and...asking lots of questions in very early stages...here you go...with lots of tape ..and in the wrong position. Remember it was flying to the target with the tail upside-down... even more weird...imagine the feeling of the poor soviet tank staffs when THIS was coming in their directions...with a lot of thunder and flamme....

WP_20141122_001.jpg WP_20141122_003.jpg WP_20141122_004.jpg WP_20141122_005.jpg WP_20141122_007.jpg

Last edited:
and more---

WP_20141122_010.jpg WP_20141122_011.jpg WP_20141122_012.jpg WP_20141122_014.jpg WP_20141122_017.jpg WP_20141122_018.jpg

Obviously weeks of work ahead but this is much encouraging I found...remember it is full-size scale. At least according to the very few sources I found. I am still not sure about the form of the tail assembly. Sources vary unfortunately. Is this a plane? Is this a rocket? Well it's a missile with no doubt ....

Now of course looking good is one thing, building another one....and the physics and aerodynamics of flight the last one... let see how I will get this solved...I am puting a bunch of "consultants" together to keep me going right...

Last edited:
Now that puts the scare into me. The big tail at that angle and all on one side is really going to drag the nose over. It would need a lot of active control to keep it straight off the rail, and all I know about active control is that a pre-teen girl can do it in Amerika. I have got by with much lower offset angle tails behind the motors on my LPR motored DO 217 and Avro Lancaster, but it all depends on the flame characteristics of the motor used. With BP D's and E's the exhaust flame danger zone is rather small so you can put the tail down real nice with little burn. It doesn't take much going too far and you are burning your tail off. It also depends on the compromises you are willing to make from scale and still keep it looking good. With the tail up like that it is an airplane that will need to be flown. Still super cool.

thx mate I appreciate your thoughts. In fact I am going to meet some jet rc experts the coming days and discuss the topics related with this very different build. I am also very excited to catch feedbacks from them. Anyway, I may test a quick and dirty smaller scale 4" model first, with an F or G... will see... in all cases the model will get a rocketry trim, not a plane trim....I am not as insane as many believe *LOL....

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Rocketry Forum

I think it would fly fine with just some slight modifications to the scale tail assembly. Make it more like a "pop bottle rocket" with out destroying the tail planes in flight. Just a bit more symmetry in the drag. I always tell the guys the oddroc flyer has only two friends, nose weight and thrust. The spool guys have a third friend in base drag. After looking long and hard I found a forth friend in forward mounted canted motors. Maybe active stabilization will give the oddroc flyer a fifth friend! WOW! Five friends! Who can beat that.

Hey Denis,

any News on the Kramer? Somehow I have missed the discussion in our Forum in Germany, did you fly the rocket yet?

Tom

3 years later... LOL... moving on... Hopefully the bird will be completed by year end latest :)
Rocketry is also about patience and tenacity, isn't it?
Now really motivated after lovely flights last week...

Now assembling MM, Retainer and wings in perfect alignement with the main body (fun to say *grrr*)... by the way what you see is the front of this crazy bird... NC is missing on the picture

WP_20171007_21_26_15_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20171007_21_26_05_Pro.jpg

3 years later... LOL... moving on... Hopefully the bird will be completed by year end latest :)
Rocketry is also about patience and tenacity, isn't it?
Now really motivated after lovely flights last week...

Now assembling MM, Retainer and wings in perfect alignement with the main body (fun to say *grrr*)... by the way what you see is the front of this crazy bird... NC is missing on the picture

View attachment 329640

View attachment 329639

Wow, that is persistence! I had forgotten about this, hope to see continued progress!

Alright. Glad to see this build is back on. Your stuff is very unique around this place...and probably any place for that matter.

Wow,,
What a build Denis..
I had also forgotten about this..
Your presence around here is sorely missed...
A craftsman's build,, lol...

Teddy

I would love to see this thing fly! What I would do with an asymmetric model like that is have a slanted motor mount so that you have asymmetric thrust to offset the drag caused by that tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Now all you need is one of these!

[video=youtube;PviNlOwihIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PviNlOwihIw&t=23s[/video]

I already want one! I'm in love with German aircraft from WW2. Unfortunately there are so few in a workable condition, and the original engines are so complex and there are no drawings so you can't make a new one. The BF109 and FW190 are beautiful and amazing aircraft. It's truly a shame there are so few of them.

Back