OpenRocket Android 13.11 new-old release

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Because of the recent problem with thrustcurve.org api changes, I decided to push out a build of the OpenRocket Android apk today. The version number is 13.11 because its based on the OpenRocket desktop 13.11 code - not on the latest & greatest.

If you recall, 13.11 introduced the flight configurations which royally messed up the utility of the android application for field use (basically simulations wouldn't take into account deployment & staging overrides). This release of OpenRocket Android will correctly simulate these - however you cannot change them on the field.

You can download it from here.

Kevin

Thrustcurve was just updated, that's why the Andriod version of OR can't download files anymore. This has happened in the past. I'm sure Kevin will fix it, but we may need to wait until he finishes his level 3 project. If anyone has a workaround that works, I'd like to hear about it.

Also, can OR use Rasp/eng files? That is all I am creating these days as they will import directly into Rocksim.

Thrustcurve was just updated, that's why the Andriod version of OR can't download files anymore.
Was it? If there was an incompatible change to the API it was unintentional. I fixed a bug Kevin found, but other than that there should have been no changes.

John, see the image in my post. I purchased a new tablet and installed OR Android. I was able to add motors on the old tablet -- which now fails as well -- so something was changed and I can go nowhere with OR on the new tablet.

John,
I knew you made upgrades, and assumed that was the cause of the error. I should have remembered what they said about assuming. (Wasn't that Bad News Bears? )

John,
I knew you made upgrades, and assumed that was the cause of the error. I should have remembered what they said about assuming. (Wasn't that Bad News Bears? )
I think my recent posts trying to get feedback on the design for the new site have confused people.

The new site that I've been talking about is not released yet; it's still a work in progress. The site running at thrustcurve.org is still the one from 2006 (v2).

Back