OpenRocket 14.06 released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hi all,

A number of users had been reporting an annoying but benign bug I introduced in 14.05. Since this bug is reported about 4 times a day, I decided to make a little release mostly to fix this and alleviate the noise in my inbox.

There are a couple of minor new features in this release as well:

Texture for Klima motors.
Updated Thrustcurves (pulled yesterday from thrustcurve.org)
Added Knots to windspeed and velocity units for all you aviators out there. (Thanks for the contribution Robin.)

Kevin

Thanks for all your effort on OpenRocket Kevin. Its a wonderful resource. The amount of time you, Sampo, and others have spent on writing free code is staggering, but greatly appreciated.

I know you've commented on the difficulties with Android programming before, but is there any plan to catch that version up or is the time required vs interest simply too large?

Andy,

Thanks for the kudos. OpenRocket (the java app) has slipped a little on my hobby priority list of late primarily because my buddies and I decided last winter to embark on a "Big Project" for this summer. Funny how much time a big project takes even when the work is split up. There are some nice features in the pipeline (ie, imagination) but there probably won't be a major feature release for a while.

As for the android app. I have hacked on it a little to up date it - so it supports the new thrustcurve web service (the android app is currently broken downloading motors), and allowing simulations using the new configuration stuff. I have not added any new UI to modify the new configuration objects (deployment & staging), but the app is again usable. I just haven't tried to make an official build. I'll try to push that out in the next two weeks.

The long term future of the android app is still in the air. I have not made a mental commitment to make any enhancements to it. The initial development of it was driven changes in my paid work where we had embarked on some android development. However, that direction had changed and android is no longer a priority in my work. My feelings right now are without some major injection of motivation, it will likely rot.

Kevin

Thanks for all your effort on OpenRocket Kevin. Its a wonderful resource. The amount of time you, Sampo, and others have spent on writing free code is staggering, but greatly appreciated.

I know you've commented on the difficulties with Android programming before, but is there any plan to catch that version up or is the time required vs interest simply too large?

Thank you for the updates on this! I've been playing with it this morning, this also includes the motors just certified by Cesaroni. Playing with some of those new long burn "Mellow" reloads is going to be very interesting! :) Phil L.

Thanks Kevin!

I have another request. How about a column (optional?) to report how long it takes the rocket to clear the rail/rod?

Hi all,

A number of users had been reporting an annoying but benign bug I introduced in 14.05. Since this bug is reported about 4 times a day, I decided to make a little release mostly to fix this and alleviate the noise in my inbox.

There are a couple of minor new features in this release as well:

Texture for Klima motors.
Updated Thrustcurves (pulled yesterday from thrustcurve.org)
Added Knots to windspeed and velocity units for all you aviators out there. (Thanks for the contribution Robin.)

Kevin
Thanks again for an excellent app!

Great program , still wishing for tube fins and the like but you can not have everything. Most used program on my laptop. Chris
P.s how can I down load a file from a web page( not rocket reviews) come back as code

Had an older version and the 3D quit working. Downloaded the newest version and still the 3D won't work. Says something about the 3D libraries. Something I didn't do or something else I need for my Mac Mini?

***Update*** Installed latest version of Java and can see the 3D views again. Now got to get building for AIRFest XX!

See ya,
Rod

Last edited:
Back