• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hawks Hobby Super Bomarc Kit...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Still looking for one in good, unopened/unbuilt condition, also if anyone ever got their hands on the Empire 1/12th Scale Bomarc and, never opened it too. I would be very interested in talking.
B.S. walks but, Money talks. Send me a PM and, we might talk.

Thanks, Gus.

Last edited:
Still looking for one in good, unopened/unbuilt condition, also if anyone ever got their hands on the Empire 1/12 Scale Bomarc and, never opened it too. I would be very interested in talking.
B.S. walks but, Money talks. Send me a PM and, we might talk.

Thanks, Gus.

Man... Far too long of a day and I read the thread far TOO quickly. Thought it read 1/2 Scale Bomarc! Bout fell off my chair and dropped my beer!
Then again an "almost" half scale would be right up SCAM's alley... Team!! NO - I DID NOT MEAN THAT!!! :facepalm:

Good luck Gus on your quest!

Mike

Last edited:
Dang it Mike! :surprised: Thought i had a "hit" :p Original post changed to ( 1/12th Scale ) just in case this happens again!;)
Still looking for these two very elusive kits, also the NCR Glider version if anyone has an unbuilt one sitting around that they may want to part with.

Thanks again for looking...

Do you need a hawks hobbies? I can cut the parts.

Hey Chuck, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. "Work all night...sleep, a little during the day." :caffeine: I was still hoping to find one unopened, keeping it that way in the original packaging to add to an already large pile of Bomarc memorabilia. I also collect diecast toy cars and, i'm a stickler for keeping them that way too. Having seen a couple of build threads i can pretty much say it wouldn't be hard too duplicate if a guy really wanted to go that route or even build to fly but, the thought is to keep it unmolested. I REALLY appreciate the offer but, i'll keep up the hope that there's one out there...somewhere. I will keep that in mind though. Once again....Thank-you for stepping up and, making an offer to do so if things do not go so...:D
That's what i find to be so great about many of my fellow TRF'rs...they have the skills to do that kind of work if the need arises and, i appreciate it!

what you could do is this ,have people make all your parts. Get a printer to make the plans and packaging and mark to do the decals . Then box it up and you will have a sudo new old stock kit ��

Dang it Mike! :surprised: Thought i had a "hit" :p Original post changed to ( 1/12th Scale ) just in case this happens again!;)
Still looking for these two very elusive kits, also the NCR Glider version if anyone has an unbuilt one sitting around that they may want to part with.

Thanks again for looking...

There's a Glider Version! Heads up and look out below when something like that comes in for a Landing, eh?

Hey Chuck, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. "Work all night...sleep, a little during the day." :caffeine: I was still hoping to find one unopened, keeping it that way in the original packaging to add to an already large pile of Bomarc memorabilia. I also collect diecast toy cars and, i'm a stickler for keeping them that way too. Having seen a couple of build threads i can pretty much say it wouldn't be hard too duplicate if a guy really wanted to go that route or even build to fly but, the thought is to keep it unmolested. I REALLY appreciate the offer but, i'll keep up the hope that there's one out there...somewhere. I will keep that in mind though. Once again....Thank-you for stepping up and, making an offer to do so if things do not go so...:D
That's what i find to be so great about many of my fellow TRF'rs...they have the skills to do that kind of work if the need arises and, i appreciate it!

If you find one, scan the parts. I would love to make one.

Yep there was!
I bought this with the intent to build, but it has not made it to my build pile yet.

Bomarc.jpg

Bomarcgl1.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks again for looking...[/QUOT
Gus- I've been chasing the NCR glider version for years. Rumour was they included the option in the last few kits they boxed up before the end. I know *somebody* here has one as we spoke about it a couple of years ago. I'd almost trade an Aerotech Phoenix for it. Maybe I need to see the Doc for my remedy

Gustav, I have a bunch of Earnhardt Senior die-cast in all 3 sizes I need to part with. Interested? You got my numba bro.

I have one that I won at the National Sport Launch a few years back when it was held in Orangeburg. Never have built it. I believe Semroc did a bunch of the parts for it. Loretta was still doing the instructions when I got the kit and she emailed me a PDF of them. Hawks Hobby just never recovered after the hurricane and then Loretta's passing. I also still have one NCR Bomarc left. Thought about building it but I saved the ram jet nacelles off the one I shredded a year or so ago so I may do a scratch and use them.

Dave at Red Arrow has NCR/Estes one in the rafters. I tryed to buy it a few years back but he wouldn't part with it then. Maybe if you wave enough green (and if he still has it) he would part with it.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

Yep there was!
I bought this with the intent to build, but it has not made it to my build pile yet.

Mike, thanks for the neat scans...If your build pile looks too ominous, i can be found.;)

Thanks again for looking...[/QUOT
Gus- I've been chasing the NCR glider version for years. Rumour was they included the option in the last few kits they boxed up before the end. I know *somebody* here has one as we spoke about it a couple of years ago. I'd almost trade an Aerotech Phoenix for it. Maybe I need to see the Doc for my remedy

Thanks for the information fyrwrxz! I have still really not yet learned the difference that the glide kit made to the original NCR but, someday...maybe i will. Hmmm....:rolleyes:

Gustav, I have a bunch of Earnhardt Senior die-cast in all 3 sizes I need to part with. Interested? You got my numba bro.

Thanks for the thought Jim...:eek: I have an ENTIRE room in my house that goes back over 46 years (of collecting) dedicated to Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Desoto, Fargo, Power Wagon, Australian Chrysler and, Imperials...Shhhhhh....There's even one F*rd in there...The Animal House Deathmobile....Who wouldn't want an Animal House Deathmobile in their collection? :D SOOOOO....If ANYONE gives me a load of cr*p for driving a ZL-1 Camaro. I might have to bar you from ever entering my real garage and, seeing the REAL toys hidden in the back! :lol: Muh-ha-haa!

I have one that I won at the National Sport Launch a few years back when it was held in Orangeburg. Never have built it. I believe Semroc did a bunch of the parts for it. Loretta was still doing the instructions when I got the kit and she emailed me a PDF of them. Hawks Hobby just never recovered after the hurricane and then Loretta's passing. I also still have one NCR Bomarc left. Thought about building it but I saved the ram jet nacelles off the one I shredded a year or so ago so I may do a scratch and use them.

I can be reached Brent...if you ever decide to let it go. I was at the Muncie Indiana NSL when i believe the official first flight was unveiled...(If my fuzzy memory serves well.) Somehow....somehow i missed the flight but, remember broken pieces on the ground. To this day i kick myself for not wandering the vendor area, as i would have probably found Hawks Hobby there and, it wasn't until years later that i ran across the article on the kit and, by then Hawks was in decline.

It's amazing how life takes some funny turns and, you play catch up looking over your shoulder.

Last edited:
Dave at Red Arrow has NCR/Estes one in the rafters. I tryed to buy it a few years back but he wouldn't part with it then. Maybe if you wave enough green (and if he still has it) he would part with it.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

Bob, you snuck in on me while i was posting!;) I do have two regular NCR Bo's in my collection. One still sealed up and, one that is open...I have let more than a few folks measure parts/photograph/copy the instructions for their own reference.
I've always felt that i should do that when needed/humbly requested, because if it were the other way around...i would really appreciate it if someone did the same for me!:cool:

Can't believe Gus didn't say anything on my post . Thinking I would get a rise out of that .

Do you have the limited edition 13mm kit BMS did around 2008 I think it was for NSL (the year I came out with my 18mm Jayhawk)? I think I still have an unopened one if interested.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies

Can't believe Gus didn't say anything on my post . Thinking I would get a rise out of that .

Sorry about that Chris....it is a G:D:DD idea, at this point. Considering my luck so far! ;)

Do you have the limited edition 13mm kit BMS did around 2008 I think it was for NSL (the year I came out with my 18mm Jayhawk)? I think I still have an unopened one if interested.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies

That i do not....Have built and flown the BMS *regular* clone several times! It WAS a great looking rocket UNTIL a Purdue Engineering Student (Phd. in training and, NOT Reeser) picked it up and, promptly dropped it...damaging the nosecone while at a Rocket Club get together at my home.:( Grrrrrr.......DUH!! :no:

Lets talk sometime soon about the limited edition though...:grin:

*BOMP* :p I appreciate all the responses and, information that has been posted on this so far...I just wanted to reiterate that i would pay up to $125 for any unopened/unbuilt Hawks Hobby Bo's, $150 for any 1/12th scale Empire's and, the NCR "Glider" is open for discussion.

I'm not a reseller....this is strictly for my own personal collection.
If, anyone would like to take this any further please feel free to PM me and, we will talk...
Thank-you again for looking.

Gus. :D

There is an NCR by Estes version of the kit on eBay now...

There is an NCR by Estes version of the kit on eBay now...

Thank you Dan! I did see that one, it's the same as the two regular NCR's that i currently have...I do know one person who may be able to explain the difference on the "Glider Version". That i've never seen personally.
Just need to find him...:eek:
Thanks again for letting me know though and, maybe with some luck one will pop up! ;)

I just wanted to *BOMP* this thread one last time, serious buyer here....I will be at LDRS33 all day on Sunday this weekend if anyone would like to talk about the subject.
I thank everyone for looking at this thread though and, keep me in mind if something falls into your lap/build pile and, its really not want you want.

Thanks, Gus. :eek:

Back