Job's Daughters International G-Force

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Freemasonry knows there are quite a few appendant bodies associated with it. There's the Boumi Shrine, York Rite, Scottish Rite, Tall Cedars and Order of the Eastern Star. For young adults there is the DeMolay (young men) and Jobs Daughters International. My home lodge Howard No. 101 is host to the Jobs Bethel No. 22. Last year after I built my Masonic G-Force (Build pics in my profile along with this one) the Master of my lodge commisioned me (voluntold) to build one for the Jobs. So here it is:

The JDI-Force
We will drag race at MDRA ESL-193 on July 26th on CTI G118 Blue Streaks.

JDI-Force.jpg

Thanks Chadrog, All the lettering is Vinyl from Mark. Their colors are Green, Purple and Yellow, so I did half of each fin in each of those colors, the other half white. So the Lettering on the fins is opposite on each side ie: white lettering on green, green lettering on white etc. and it just seemed right to do the nose in purple since the international logo is purple. I'll try to put up a couple more pics later.

That looks great, Dave!

Thanks Quake! I did something a little different on this one mainly for looks, I did not do external fillets or adhere the fins to the exterior of the BT. Instead, I heavily filleted internally and used medium CA on the fin tabs to the locking rings (anyone who has built one of ATs rockets with fin-lock knows what Im talking about.) Since this will probably only fly Once and be displayed, I went for the military fin look. Most military rockets/missiles have a small gap between the fin and body for guidance. Give it a nice clean look and was so much easier to tape and paint the fins!

John, If you dont mind we wanted to race just these two at first. But I'll be willing to fly mine again, But watch out, I may sneak an H133 in it!

Nice looking rocket, Dave!
I'm going to send my Joby a link to this thread. I think she will like it!

Growing up in Connecticut, we had Rainbow Girls instead of Jobs Daughters as our Masonic sponsored girls youth group. My fellow DeMolay boys and I didn't mind at all. :grin:

Glad to see your lodge encouraging STEM for their Daughters; I hope some of them stay with it.
Beautiful rocket. Thanks for sharing.

Wow,,
That really came out smokin Dave...
That paint job is perfect....
You do some beautiful work for sure...

Teddy

Nice looking rocket, Dave!
I'm going to send my Joby a link to this thread. I think she will like it!

Growing up in Connecticut, we had Rainbow Girls instead of Jobs Daughters as our Masonic sponsored girls youth group. My fellow DeMolay boys and I didn't mind at all. :grin:

Glad to see your lodge encouraging STEM for their Daughters; I hope some of them stay with it.
Beautiful rocket. Thanks for sharing.

Its a great group of girls to work with, sadly I dont think after its launched it will fly again, the WM of my lodge came up with the idea to have it built for them after seeing my other G-Force. I dont mind, he paid for the kit and extra parts, I'm providing the motors for the drag race. Rumor has it the MWGM of Maryland is attending the launch! Our Lodge picnic is this saturday and he will be attending that for sure, so in order to further entice him to the launch I'm taking both G-Forces to the picnic! He used to be into rocketry, maybe he will become a BAR once his tour as MWGM is over.

Oh and Teddy, here's the pic of the Y Harness you made for me, I'll have a couple more once the build is finished!

Y Harness.jpg

This thing is Dead Sexxy! I put some medium CA on the taped ends then removed the tape.

Its a great group of girls to work with, sadly I dont think after its launched it will fly again, the WM of my lodge came up with the idea to have it built for them after seeing my other G-Force. I dont mind, he paid for the kit and extra parts, I'm providing the motors for the drag race. Rumor has it the MWGM of Maryland is attending the launch! Our Lodge picnic is this saturday and he will be attending that for sure, so in order to further entice him to the launch I'm taking both G-Forces to the picnic! He used to be into rocketry, maybe he will become a BAR once his tour as MWGM is over.

If I had the time to make it down there I would do up one for the Rainbow Girls and we could have a serious race. My wife and I worked with the Assemblies for over ten years, though we have not been involved in a while.

Al,
We havent met yet, but I had recognized your name, you've flown with us before, maybe if you can get one together for next Red Glare and come down....??

I was there in the spring, and it was on my hit list to look you up. Obviously did not make it. Was WM twice (back to back years) WP once and I stay away as they would want me to enter the line again (shudder). The local Shriners are chasing me right now. I have some ideas for a paint job that would mimic the first threee degrees, just have not gotten around to it.

I was there in the spring, and it was on my hit list to look you up. Obviously did not make it. Was WM twice (back to back years) WP once and I stay away as they would want me to enter the line again (shudder). The local Shriners are chasing me right now. I have some ideas for a paint job that would mimic the first threee degrees, just have not gotten around to it.

I'm in line now, Senior Steward. Have to say its an amazing journey. My father is a PM (1989)
Here is a picture of my G-Force, the 3 fins have the 3 degrees S&C on them.

IMG_2478.jpg

They look proud!

They sure do look proud,,, right Quake...
Dave,, that pic of the girls is super cool...
They are so into the rocket thing...
I bet they're going to be excited to go to a launch...

And thanks for the pic of the "Y" harness I made for you...
I"m such a knucklehead,,,
I should have taken a couple of pic's before I packed it for you...

Teddy

The Masons rocket was first off the pad, but the Job's Daughters Rocket being about 6-8 ounces lighter caught up quick and passed it, then proceeded higher. Mine landed in the grass though! (Photo credit to Hollie, Thanks Sweety!)

IMG_0618.jpg

Last edited:
Wow,,,
That is a really cool pic....
You professional photographers,,,,
always getting lucky shots.....:wink:

Teddy

Funny you guys should say that, my girlfiend Hollie took that with her iPhone from about 75yds away!

Now that's a cheap shot Dave.... lol
You didn't have to tell us that.... lol...

Teddy

Wow,,
That's what's cool Dave,, right there...
I would believe that's what they call "Paying forward".....
Good for you Dave.....

Teddy

Back