Age?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Age? (Physical, not Mental)... :p

• 15 or younger

• 15-20

• 20-30

• 30-40

• 40-50

• 50-60

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Just wondering what the average age is on here. My guess is 20-30 and 60+...

40 - 50 will win out. It's the age where your kids start to move out, you rediscover your childhood hobbies, and you are far enough along in your career to be able to afford them.

Now me? I'm 47, but I have a three-year-old and a five-year-old. Go figure. Late bloomer.

You need to add more brackets at the top, I hate being the only old fart in the 60+ bracket....:sigh:

You're not! I am there too. If you add up the two numbers of my age, I'm only thirteen! :grin:

My wife just said, that "old fart" is a good name for me...? :facepalm:

40 - 50 will win out.

Agreed, provided everyone votes. But I suspect the voting will be skewed towards the younger members.

Now me? I'm 47, but I have a three-year-old and a five-year-old. Go figure. Late bloomer.

Same age, though my youngest is 10. Oldest is 21 (kindergartener and senior in high school the same year - whoo!)

Edit: We're talking physical age, not the age we act, right?

-Kevin

I believe that 40-50 should win.

I agree, that is when most of us that have kids actually realize that we have extra cash now cos things have settled down. (this AINT a cheap hobby at L2+)
Yup, 45 here, with a 7 and 9 year old. Got all the work/job/business crap sorted out early, now we get to sit back and watch the kids screw-up everything that we carefully planned.

At most launches I attend, it seems that the 40-50 or 60+ are in attendance

I believe that 40-50 should win.

I agree, that is when most of us that have kids actually realize that we have extra cash now cos things have settled down. (this AINT a cheap hobby at L2+)
Yup, 45 here, with a 7 and 9 year old. Got all the work/job/business crap sorted out early, now we get to sit back and watch the kids screw-up everything that we carefully planned.

+1

45 here with one rocket retrieval robot- I mean 11 year old.

David

Actual age 45
Appearance (if the people I asked are not "just being kind")... 28-35
Acting like 12
Legs feel like 75 (D**n motorists thinking I'm just a piece of road that needs to be run over... repeatedly)

I turned 59 this past April, I get told I look like I'm in my 40's, but I think since I still act like someone 35, most people just can't tell. My bones and back muscles know the truth though.

And on that "kids" note, my one and only moved out years ago and threw a grand child into the picture. Yeah, it's nice to be able to afford my hobby, even though it's on the low & mid power level.

58 here but I never feel much older than 21 except when I get up too fast :)

55, an age I hate being. Didn't mind being 54 and won't mind being 56, but 55 just seems to encapsulate 'middle age.'

It's like all the odd-50 ages just seem older than they are.

Old and in the way---my broken parts take a bit longer to wake up in the mornings these days--I prefer to think of it as cogitating.

Old and proud of it!
I remember walking into my 5th grade classroom on the first day of school in September 1969. There on the wide shelf in front of the windows was a meticulously built 1/100th scale Estes Saturn V. I had been dreaming about that rocket all summer, (Estes catalog) but sadly at $9.95 it was out of my price range.
If you have flown model rockets pre-moon-landing, you have to be at least mid 50's... and If you didn't, you missed out.

I agree the 40-50's will be the heavy hitters and rightly so. This hobby seems to attract the people it lost in their youth. When they come back they seem to have more money and vacation time.

Yep. I'll turn 48 in October. I have the worlds most disinterested 15 yr old and a little terrorist er, I mean 6 yr old rocket retriever/ destroyer. Sometimes he's even helpful. Just ask Hot Tub 1 and 2 if you need a lock relocated :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :rant:

Adrian

47 in December. Makes Army PT tests a challenge. I call them my twice annual sudden cardiac events.

This community is much older than I expected. Then again, it makes alot of sense since we have a huge number of BAR's here.

48 I had kids just to have an excuse to play with toys again...have you seen the Lego kits they have now.

Part of my expense account at game companies was buying toys for "Creative stimulation and artistic envisionment". You don't need kids to buy toys.

Latest posts

Back