MONGOOSE 75 ON SALE!!! 4 AVAILABLE "SOLD OUT"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
ProLine Rocketry is now offering (4) MONGOOSE 75 kits for a sale price of only 499.99!! that's 180.00 dollar savings off the regular price of 679.00. Remember there are only 4! kits available at this sale price, once there gone there gone!

The Mongoose 75 is part of the line of Mongoose Kits produced by ProLine Rocketry. This is one of several size offerings of the ultra high performance kit. These kits offer the highest end available composite parts on the market.

Kit Features:
• Carbon Fiber Filament Wound Construction
• Aluminum Nose Cone Tip
• 8 Feet Tall
• Built Weight Approx. 6Lb
• Dual Deploy Standard
• CNC Precision Cut Parts
• Flies on everything from I to M
• Great for those Mach busting flights
• All High Temp 500F Rated Parts
• All Composite design

Kit includes:
• Aluminum Tip (screw on)
• ProFusion 5:1 Von Karman Composite Nosecone
• Carbon Fiber 1/4” Nosecone Bulkplate
• Filament Wound Carbon Airframe 26” Length
• 2ea Aluminum Avionics Lid with Ejection Canister
• 2ea Filament Wound Carbon Coupler 11" and 1" Length
• Filament Wound Carbon Airframe 54” Length
• 3/16” Quasi Isotropic Carbon fiber Fins
• Carbon Fiber 1/4” Airframe Bulkplate
• High Temp 500F Epoxy
• Fin alignment guides

CLICK HERE TO GET ONE WHILE THEY LAST

Ship date June 30 2014

Last edited:
How do you add a GPS tracker to an all carbon fiber rocket? Can a Big Red Bee get lock inside a graphite N/C?
Love your designs, my RW X-Celerator is a favorite.

How do you add a GPS tracker to an all carbon fiber rocket? Can a Big Red Bee get lock inside a graphite N/C?
Love your designs, my RW X-Celerator is a favorite.

The best bet is to have the tracker placed in a container attached to the recovery harness. That way, on deployment the tracker isn't dealing with signal attenuation from the carbon fiber or graphite.

-Kevin

I have a 54 and my tracker works in the done. It is from com spec.

The best bet is to have the tracker placed in a container attached to the recovery harness. That way, on deployment the tracker isn't dealing with signal attenuation from the carbon fiber or graphite.

-Kevin

This would work for an RF tracker beacon, but GPS? Expose it at apogee and hope it picks up enough satellites to lock while it's flopping around on a shock cord? This doesn't sound like a good plan Kevin...

I have a 54 and my tracker works in the done. It is from com spec.

I have the com spec tracker, there is one lost in a rocket out on the Lucerne playa... Works good most of the time, but I prefer GPS for bigger, more expensive rockets.

Last edited:
This would work for an RF tracker beacon, but GPS? Expose it at apogee and hope it picks up enough satellites to lock while it's flopping around on a shock cord? This doesn't sound like a good plan Kevin...

You need to have it get a good lock before you put it inside the tube, and then don't turn it off.

-Kevin

You need to have it get a good lock before you put it inside the tube, and then don't turn it off.

-Kevin

So it will regain lock when exposed? Still no way to get telemetry while going up?
So far, my only experience is with an Eggfinder. Not sure it would be a good choice for a rocket like this.
Thanks for the responses, this is all theoretical at this point, I'm pretty sure a $500 rocket is out of my reach.

OK, the fox is in the henhouse now, and Sharon isn't a chicken. We are splitting the cost so I made my order.
Once again, I'm prepping for Airfest with two builds to get done, one of which is my L-3, and another is a Mongoose. Funny how my first rocket had the same name...

OK, the fox is in the henhouse now, and Sharon isn't a chicken. We are splitting the cost so I made my order.
Once again, I'm prepping for Airfest with two builds to get done, one of which is my L-3, and another is a Mongoose. Funny how my first rocket had the same name...

Way to go Wayco! Got my "authorization" last night. The Mongoose 75 is a bit too much rocket for my skills right now, but it fits right into my long term goals, so I pulled the trigger and got one too. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Way to go Wayco! Got my "authorization" last night. The Mongoose 75 is a bit too much rocket for my skills right now, but it fits right into my long term goals, so I pulled the trigger and got one too. Looking forward to seeing your build.

I gotta do another build thread? Maybe I can get Sharon to do it, while I do the DS Extreme for my L-3.
I also have very little experience with carbon fiber, built my CF Li'l Rascal, but it was a very simple build.
Does anyone have any special instructions for working with CF?

Treat it like fiberglass and don't paint it.

Oh well, another black rocket... does it make sense to at least clear coat for a smoother finish and to keep dirt from working it's way into the weave? Is the fin attach the same as for MD fiberglass as well? For example, I have read to go easy on the sanding to avoid cutting the edges if the carbon fibers. Is it still okay do scuff the tube with 60-80 grit for epoxy?

Oh well, another black rocket... does it make sense to at least clear coat for a smoother finish and to keep dirt from working it's way into the weave? Is the fin attach the same as for MD fiberglass as well? For example, I have read to go easy on the sanding to avoid cutting the edges if the carbon fibers. Is it still okay do scuff the tube with 60-80 grit for epoxy?

It's not a weave, it's filament wound and ground smooth on the surface. There's really nothing to fill.

Don't sand with 80-grit, use something like 220 grit very lightly, and clean both before and after sanding with acetone.

It's not a weave
tumblr_inline_n6yrnnir0y1rpcnpz.gif

You have too many nice toys now Wayne, your really making me jealous! Now you do need to build a launch tower. :w:

One (or Juan) can never have too many toys. We need to get together soon, I have all the parts for the wireless launch system now.

Ha ! Pretty soon you will need a Towhauler to haul all that .

Nice score with the MD carbon bird .. looks like it could take you above 20k ..!

This is a AllLands Team rocket..all motors are an advertising expense . . . .

Kenny

Ha ! Pretty soon you will need a Towhauler to haul all that .

Nice score with the MD carbon bird .. looks like it could take you above 20k ..!

This is a AllLands Team rocket..all motors are an advertising expense . . . .

Kenny

I don't think this would fly past my accountant,Kenny.....

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Got our Mongoose last night, unpacked it this morning. Some of the nicest tubing I have ever seen. No way will it ever see any paint, it's way too pretty to cover up. That means I have to get the external fillets nice and smooth first time through.
I did a search for instructions, and came up with nothing. Any suggestions?
I know, it's a MD rocket, there are only a dozen parts in the box, figure it out....
Tried that on the Blackhawk 54 and got the fins wrong, go figure. So come on gang, help a bozo out here?

Got our Mongoose last night, unpacked it this morning. Some of the nicest tubing I have ever seen. No way will it ever see any paint, it's way too pretty to cover up. That means I have to get the external fillets nice and smooth first time through.
I did a search for instructions, and came up with nothing. Any suggestions?
I know, it's a MD rocket, there are only a dozen parts in the box, figure it out....
Tried that on the Blackhawk 54 and got the fins wrong, go figure. So come on gang, help a bozo out here?

No pictures, no help.

Back