Rocketry in South Carolina

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. Maybe you vou answer a few of my questions. Why is that I can edit or add any information to my profile on here? And also , is there a place on here where I can elaborate with others on experiments with different forms of propellant

I love in Hartsville, in Darlington county. Orangeburg is approximately 3.5 hours away. As much as we work, it'd be hard to travel that distance to a launch. I mostly launch scratch built rockets using KNSB

I love in Hartsville, in Darlington county. Orangeburg is approximately 3.5 hours away. As much as we work, it'd be hard to travel that distance to a launch. I mostly launch scratch built rockets using KNSB

Well it looks like you're about the same distance from the Charlotte clubs. https://www.nar.org/NARsecMap.html There is a grace period set before you can edit your profile; A certain number of posts I think ?
This forum deals with rockets using commercially available black powder and APCP motors. Discussions involving propellent mixing are relegated to a restricted Research area: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?17943-Research-Forum-Access
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm actually moving to apcp, the only thing I'm having problems with is finding htpb r45, but I'm going to try silicone caulk as a substitute. It also won't let me into the restricted forums. Guess that has to do with the grace period as well. Thanks for looking up that infofor me

Please tell me you are not flying rockets illegally? You must have a waiver for more than 125 grams of propellant and 3.3 pounds total rocket weight.

No, I keep it all within the law. This is a hobby I've enjoyed since a young boy, and don't want to lose the privileges. I was thinking orangeburg was farther than that.

Look forward to meeting you. Come on down to O'burg. The trip goes quick. Lots of good people fly there, I know you'll enjoy it!

Thanks man. Maybe you vou answer a few of my questions. Why is that I can edit or add any information to my profile on here? And also , is there a place on here where I can elaborate with others on experiments with different forms of propellant

There is a restricted section of the forum that you must gain access to. You must be HPR certified and over 18...

There's a good possibility yall will see me down there in the near future. And yes, I'm over 18, I'm 27.I just have to motivate my wife to come

Seriously?? Nope, not doing it, not gonna say it!! :gavel::facepalm: :rofl:
Haha, u don't have to. I'd rather just head down myself, but then wpu have to hear the mouth when I get back. Y'all don't have to live with her lol. I have checked out joining Tripoli, but I have heard a lot of negative feedback about poor attitudes, and people being really prudish. That's def not how a hobby or sport should be. It should be fun, and conducted safely with respect

Who the hell told you that, prolly some NAR we*##is!!!. Tripoli is the best way to go, and I am a member of both. Certifications are designed to really test your knowledge and skills, instead of having "friends" certify "friends"!!! You will never meet a nicer bunch of guys and gals than Tripoli members, and Orangeburg tops the list IMHO!!!

Haha, u don't have to. I'd rather just head down myself, but then wpu have to hear the mouth when I get back. Y'all don't have to live with her lol. I have checked out joining Tripoli, but I have heard a lot of negative feedback about poor attitudes, and people being really prudish. That's def not how a hobby or sport should be. It should be fun, and conducted safely with respect

Hi new guy :) I have to agree with Jim, I haven't run into attitude that others have reported except for isolated persons and you're going to get that with ANY group. You know, the guy that thinks his poop don't stink. You already know what to look out for so I'm sure you won't have any problems with that.

Besides, park next to Jim and it will be all good ;)

Where can I find out more about Tripoli and the certifications?

Seriously? I mean no offense, but a simple Google search will answer all your questions. I guess I am jaded in the fact that most newbies already know some facts about the hobby before coming here. How can you be making your own motors legally without knowing about Tripoli or NAR, and their respective certification procedures. What size motors have you been making? And to answer you:

https://www.tripoli.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=KFR2HOyfPfo=&tabid=132

There is a lot of info out there. Google is your friend. If you have questions, pm me.

Seriously? I mean no offense, but a simple Google search will answer all your questions. I guess I am jaded in the fact that most newbies already know some facts about the hobby before coming here. How can you be making your own motors legally without knowing about Tripoli or NAR, and their respective certification procedures. What size motors have you been making? And to answer you:

https://www.tripoli.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=KFR2HOyfPfo=&tabid=132

Like I said earlier, I started looking into Tripoli and saw the negative feedback, so I dropped the interest on the spot and looked no farther. I know about what level certifications means what, but the question I was asking was what are the requirements and where is the testing help and such. I know that NAR, and Tripoli are you regulate the laws per say in rocketry and the gov't doesn't put their hand into it as much after the big apcp case. and also t be two organizations sets the standards for safety and such. I've been successful with I and j class KNSB motors

I'm not offended, but take a step back, I'm just trying to find out more info that I may not know and trying to find out more about the processes . I know how to use Google, but y'all may be able to provide more information man

And as far as launches, my buddy is the one who fills and files the faa waiver for launching authorization. Usually files about 2 months before hand

Back