Armed and Dangerous - 38 MD - Fillets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tacked the fins on with a bit of 5 minute epoxy and structural aeropoxy. I really like the fins for this rocket, if i do say so myself. I may have to upscale it in the future.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Edit: Whenever i put pictures on here from my phone it always uploads them sideways. Lets just pretend I glue my rockets horizontally to the wall for now.

Alex

Last edited:
You should try taking your pictures in landscape and not portrait. I can see in the window your taking them in portriat lol.

By the way, which nose cone is that? I am going to assume it is one of those meant for paper tubes?

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

Fillets with Aeropoxy are cool. Especially with powdered graphite to get them to match the color of the carbon.

Fillets masked:
IMG_0590.jpg

Aeropoxy and graphite. Works well.
IMG_0591.jpg

AA batteries and dirty fingernails. Its moments like these when I reflect on my fingernail hygiene.
IMG_0592.jpg

They're okay. Not as smooth as proline, but a 1:1 epoxy is easier to mix then a 5.5:1. Those arnt fun.
IMG_0593.jpg

Alex

Loving the black fillets. Alex, which laminating kit do you get from US Composites? I'd figure I should give it a shot since it is the only cheap laminating epoxy I can find.

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

I realize I won't ever finish this so if any of you want to, its up for sale. PM me with an offer.

Alex

Why aren't you planning to finish it? It looked so good.

Nate

I've lost motivation and I've already got enough on my plate this build season. Plus most of the stuff I'm going to do in the future is 54mm on up. Or more small flying cases.

Edit: It's found a good home,

Alex

Last edited:
Back