BaddAzz Mini Missile #3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric. Again. What a cool offering.

Just so everyone knows. I am offering decals for badazz mini kits starting at only $3.00 ( some may be more depending on the kit)

They are not on my website yet. So contact me directly at stickershock23 @gmail.com

this set is the same as my full size set. you can see it here...

https://stickershock23.com/Hawk.html

but contact me directly to order them! [email protected] this one will go for $3.00 plus $2.50 first class in the us!

Last edited:
Ordered one,, Eric is a great guy to deal with.
I wish all customer service was like his,, it used to be the norm unfortunately it's not anymore so it's refreshing to deal with folks like Eric.

Ed

Received mine today, USPS managed to crush the box, but not the Rocket. I did have a rattling package, lead shot all over the inside of tube mostly, some fell out when I opened box.

Eric , do you have instructions of one of your other kits build thread I could use to make sure i see the way to use the centering rings and other parts?
Can I use CTI 24mm reloads? If so, how do I use the tailcone?

USPS did a job on my box too but luckily nothing spilled.

Ditto for me as well.....damaged box but contents survived..... Thanks Eric,,Kit looks great!
Did anybody get instructions with theirs?

Ed

No instructions but none needed . . . these rockets can be built blindfolded . . . well, maybe in a dark room.

Hey guys thanks for all the response on these COOL kits...

I did not have a kit in hand when I scaled the decals for this kit... I scaled them down from a BIG set..

The FIRST customer I sent these to got his and he thinks they might be a little bit big for the hawk...

so if anyone got a set of hawk decals and they feel they are to big for the rocket shoot me an e-mail and I will be happy to replace them with a slightly smaller set!

sorry for any issues.... cant wait to see them start to roll in NOT naked!

I have! They don't fly, I don't sell.

Hell I know you did,,, just wondered how many are as slow as I am in getting her finished and flown. Can't believe how many things are getting in the way this last week.

I have! They don't fly, I don't sell.

You can't get a better testimonial than that. I already have my AGM-78 primered and ready for paint; just ordered the decals. The previous three kits are all ready to fly. Next launch halfway close to me, Reno 7/19, might see one of them fly; I'll be picking up the CTI Pro 24 set and motors from Bay Area Rocketry at the launch, so maybe a 1 or 3 grain motor for the first flight. Will have to enjoy the rockets before trying a CTI 6 grain motor.

I have to confess-I don't have many 24mm rockets in my inventory. I also have never had a rocket designed and manufactured by a machinist. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE COOLEST ROCKET KIT I'VE SEEN! Nice job, Eric- and thanks for the great communications. You made me a BadAzz believer, brother!

Thank you hball55...love all the simulations, would love to see that G150!

Forgot to mention that I drilled approximately another 1/2" into the nosecone to move the noseweight a little more forward so I wouldn't have to use as much noseweight, so double-check yours and adjust as needed.

Forgot to mention that I drilled approximately another 1/2" into the nosecone to move the noseweight a little more forward so I wouldn't have to use as much noseweight, so double-check yours and adjust as needed.

After I added the nose weight on the mini #3 and #4, which I did at the same time, I had that same thought as it looked like there was some room to drill and I had an issue getting all the supplied nose weight into the AGM78, but the epoxy was pouring. I always balance and manually adjust my CG once the rocket is painted and fully assembled, minus the motor. Hopefully I don't have to drill into the nosecone. I am not concerned with weight from a performance perspective as the sims put these things higher than most HPR launches I attend, which I have a hard enough time tracking. I am looking for a good tracker solution as these may end up being one-time launches if I put anything other than the smallest 24mm CTI reload, with my bad eyes.

I strongly recommend mini-rail buttons for these Baddazz rockets, as I had trouble with a 3/16" rod being not quite straight and the lugs would hang up. I moved the rocket (Nike Smoke) to a 1/16" rod and experienced a little rod whip when using just a D21 motor. The rocket didn't go straight up, instead it arced over, making the 7 second delay too long and stripped two lines on the parachute. The rocket came through with no damage, just playa dirt on it. Top-Flite makes thin-mill chutes that look identical to the ones Eric uses and I wouldn't doubt that's where he got them. I have since changed the Nike Smoke to mini-rail buttons from Railbuttons.com. The buttons come in a 10 pack and the they are 3-piece . . . the spacer piece from one of the other buttons can be used as a standoff for the Nike Smoke.

When I repaint my Nike Smoke, I will post to the pic thread my Baddazz mini-missiles, along with the Defender MII I have.

After I added the nose weight on the mini #3 and #4, which I did at the same time, I had that same thought as it looked like there was some room to drill and I had an issue getting all the supplied nose weight into the AGM78, but the epoxy was pouring. I always balance and manually adjust my CG once the rocket is painted and fully assembled, minus the motor. Hopefully I don't have to drill into the nosecone. I am not concerned with weight from a performance perspective as the sims put these things higher than most HPR launches I attend, which I have a hard enough time tracking. I am looking for a good tracker solution as these may end up being one-time launches if I put anything other than the smallest 24mm CTI reload, with my bad eyes.

Last edited:
I strongly recommend mini-rail buttons for these Baddazz rockets, as I had trouble with a 3/16" rod being not quite straight and the lugs would hang up. I moved the rocket (Nike Smoke) to a 1/16" rod and experienced a little rod whip when using just a D21 motor. The rocket didn't go straight up, instead it arced over, making the 7 second delay too long and stripped two lines on the parachute. The rocket came through with no damage, just playa dirt on it. Top-Flite makes thin-mill chutes that look identical to the ones Eric uses and I wouldn't doubt that's where he got them. I have since changed the Nike Smoke to mini-rail buttons from Railbuttons.com. The buttons come in a 10 pack and the they are 3-piece . . . the spacer piece from one of the other buttons can be used as a standoff for the Nike Smoke.

When I repaint my Nike Smoke, I will post to the pic thread my Baddazz mini-missiles, along with the Defender MII I have.

Thanks Henry. Eric is now including mini buttons on the small kits. These are the type of kits I had in mind for the mini buttons!

Back