Using the Estes PSII Booster for a rocket build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
One of the products Estes released as part of the PSII E2X series was a booster unit to add a stage to the four PSII E2X kits.

I discovered that with the addition of a body tube and nose cone, the PSII Booster could be used as the fin can/motor mount for a rocket model.
When I placed an order with Estes during their December kit sale I also ordered two lengths of 2.0" diameter body tube, a coupler for the tubes and a nose cone to fit the tubing.

The result is a model I have called "Emanon". (Decal by Sandman/Excelsior Rocketry).

I left the engine block and stage cone off the Booster. This way I can fly the rocket with any length 29mm motor. :wink:

Weight/mass w/o motor is 10.7 oz.

First flight will be at NARAM-56.

Emanon 001.jpg

Looks good, what you plan on flying in it? G80 :D

"no namE" lol :lol:

I am going to have to use your idea.. but probably go 3 lengths of tube.

Thanks!

Jerome :)

That is awesome. There is a 5th E2X model called the Mammoth. It doesn't come up under PSII or by the PSII engines, but can be found by searching the name. Why? No clue. It's instruction sheet and part number are skipped in the archive also. But the site says it's available for purchase. 59.1" tall. It may be E2X but I'm still getting it.

The E2X series has several different fin options. I with we could just order the fins individually to build matching boosters for each of the rockets.

That is awesome. There is a 5th E2X model called the Mammoth. It doesn't come up under PSII or by the PSII engines, but can be found by searching the name. Why? No clue. It's instruction sheet and part number are skipped in the archive also. But the site says it's available for purchase. 59.1" tall. It may be E2X but I'm still getting it.

Here's a thread I started about the Mammoth kit:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?119882-New-Estes-PSII-E2X-Mammoth-model

Latest posts

Back