L3 Build - Spikey

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool. CO2 cartridges?

The fittings are for standard threaded CO2 cartridges(the small ones), but you can also get nitrogen or helium. I may go with helium. It has a much higher head pressure than CO2 and I don't need to worry about temperature. I was also tossing around some hybrid ideas that would require high pressure He. I have decided yet, we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You gotta be f*****g kidding me!

The above was my actual, spontaneous exclimation when I saw the AV pic. I have nothing constructive to say, but just felt the need to chime in with applause. :clap:

Thanks!

First I would like to congratulate you on an epic build, next I want to thank you for giving me some ideas on my L3 rocket. And last but not least is like to say "Damn You" because I'll be naming said rocket "Grounds For Divorce", for obvious reasons lol.

First I would like to congratulate you on an epic build, next I want to thank you for giving me some ideas on my L3 rocket. And last but not least is like to say "Damn You" because I'll be naming said rocket "Grounds For Divorce", for obvious reasons lol.

I hope my build has inspired you to push the envelope. Good luck.

There is cool. There is really cool. There is REALLY REALLY COOL, there is overkill, and there is pure awesome. This is above overkill... :p

I hope my build has inspired you to push the envelope. Good luck.

I actually try to push the envelope with every build. Motor wise most of the time. My "Redbull Gives You Wings" build was done with rear motor ejection for the drogue and electronics in the nose. I figured that was a good place to start pushing....

How about some pictures of the pretty wocket now that she has a pretty paint job, Mister!!!

Just a week and a half to AIRFEST!!!!!

Assembly of the fore AV bay, OSD & flight computer boot test, and fully assembly fit check.

View attachment 179757
View attachment 179758
View attachment 179759

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Does it play music too?

Seriously epic job. I can't think of one thing to make this any better than it already is. I've never seen so much complexity in amateur rocketry, and anything I have seen that's even somewhat comparable aren't as elegant as this. Great job

Does it play music too?

Seriously epic job. I can't think of one thing to make this any better than it already is. I've never seen so much complexity in amateur rocketry, and anything I have seen that's even somewhat comparable aren't as elegant as this. Great job

Thank you, and yes it will be playing a tune when it gets launched tomorrow at Airfest on an M3700.

Pics, and video of launch please.

Flight was good but snapped a harness loop when the main came out. I was able to prep again for the last day of Airfest but the wind was too high. I will need to try again at another launch.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1410016040.618747.jpg

Any idea on a date for attempt #2? this build has ranked in my top 5 RF personal favs!!!

Last edited:
Batteries charged and ready flight this Saturday.

I should have named this thing the "Flying Power Plant".

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1412206260.501001.jpg

Back