Open Rocket Optimum delay?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walldiver7

Reaction score
Does the optimum delay number in OR start after the motor burn, or is the motor burn time included in this? To clarify, if OR is suggesting that the optimum delay is 8 seconds and my motor burns for 1.5 seconds, should the delay be adjusted to 6.5 seconds?

Thanks for the help!

it means that your delay should be 8 seconds, delay times are after motor burnout.
Rex

it means that your delay should be 8 seconds, delay times are after motor burnout.
Rex

Thanks! And...... had I given more thought to the Time to Apogee, I just might have figured this out !!

Last edited:
I'm running 14.05, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a motor...

Anybody here able to help?

Thanks!
Jim

could you be a bit more specific? add a motor to OR database or to the design you're working on? thanks,
Rex

Add a motor to my design

First make sure that you have designated your MMT as the motor mount. If you haven't, what I'm about to describe won't work.

1. Click on the Motors & Configurations tab
2. Verify, on this page, that your motor mount has a check mark by it (left part of the screen).
3. Click the New Configuration button (at top).
4. Now double click the "None" in the left hand column
5. On this new page, verify/select your parameters under the Motor Filters tab
6. At this point you can go over the right hand column and select a motor or type in what your looking for in the very bottom window.
7. Click "OK" once your done and OR takes you back to the Motors & Filters page.
8. At this point, I just select the Flight Simulations tab and takes me to that page
9. From this page I run my simulations with that motor.

Hope this helps!

Add a motor to my design

Have you clicked on the motor tube in the list of parts on the upper left while in the rocket design part of the program and selected the "Motor" button and then checked the box that says "This component is a motor mount"?

That will allow you to select a motor. It may be something else, but let's start with that.

Thanks

Mark

Back