Thunderstruck 5 Video?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
Never saw or heard about a video for Thunderstruck 5. Is there one available? Teaser? Anything?

It will still be a while, I'm sure. It takes alot of time putting it together. Besides, it's not done by a production company. I think Eric is still a full time student.

Patience Grass-hoppa

I checked in with Eric a few days ago. He's had some delays and other priorities, so it's not yet available; but it is coming!

-Eric-

I got mine preordered while there. Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

Still patiently awaiting... :D Know it will be awesome when its done! :D Know the little Barlowmeister has been very busy. ;)

Know he wants too get a good editing of Sather getting Slathered: All in the name of "Don Claude"! :rofl:

I just hope they edit out my fumbling interview at the pad!
Camera turned on and I forgot my name, rocket, motor, where I was...
Thunderstruck videography is top notch-always a great product!

Mark

I just hope they edit out my fumbling interview at the pad!
Camera turned on and I forgot my name, rocket, motor, where I was...Mark

Markmeister, your NOT the only one dude.....Sat there and, rehearsed what i was going to say a thousand times.....Camera comes on and, its "Rainman Syndrome."

Must be stage fright!!!!!
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN

Every time I went out there and he was interviewing someone, I was glad that it wasn't me. Thankfully, I didn't launch anything interesting enough at a quiet enough time to draw the camera's attention.

Last I heard the goal was to start shipping August 1st. But that statement is 11 days old so who knows how things are looking now.

Any word on the Thunderstruck video?

Alas yon Eric! I know him well...;) Hey Gary, i sent him a message this morning after seeing your post and, he sent this back:

"My goal is to have it shipped by August 3rd. I'm going to be working on finishing it this week and, next!"

Almost there! So, knowing Eric the way i do...i guarantee he has been VERY busy this summer, plus.....They have some really, really *hot* young ladies running around Ball State University! :rolleyes:

Cmon! It's one of the TOP film/tv schools in the USA!

Soon, we will see your mighty flamed rocket in all its glory and, let the world see what we did to celebrate Claude's absence on his Birthday. :headbang:
Everyone keep quiet...:no:

KAWABUNGA!

Soon, we will see your mighty flamed rocket in all its glory and, let the world see what we did to celebrate Claude's absence on his Birthday. :headbang:
Everyone keep quiet...:no:

I can't wait... I guess. :eyepop:

No seriously, I am looking forward to the video :)

I emailed him a few weeks ago and have not gotten a response . That is not like him ,he is like me and responses same day .

I emailed Eric yesterday...Have not gotten a response back yet.
I'm still certain that we will all receive our copies as planned. It is highly unlikely that i would plan otherwise. Frustrating? Yes....but, then again i have full confidence in young Eric.
The word of any of the Barlows is gold in my opinion.

A good friend of mine put it best many years ago. "How come you see so many people videotaping flights at these launches and, NEVER see any footage on the web/forum...?"

I still have faith that in the end the wait will be worth it.

Thank-you for even doing this Eric.

I just talked to Eric today and, he knows that he's running way behind....He promised me that all will be taken care of and, a ship date the week of Midwest Power 12 is the current plan.

As a matter of fact IT MIGHT be a good time to hug *Le Claude" one last time at MWP12 BEFORE he gets home and, opens up his personal copy and, see's what i did for his birthday this year.......:facepalm:

Too all of you still patiently awaiting, i've said it before.....A Barlow's word is gold too me...

Please be patient and, once again....IF YOU think you can do better, please show up with a camcorder and, ALOT of batteries next year at Thunderstruck.

It IS a VERY intensive process to film, edit and, churn these things out.

Eric, WILL come thru in the end.

Still patiently awaiting my copy....Gusser.:D

Gustav, maybe you can contact young Eric and have him save shipping by delivering to MWP?? Just a thought.

Well MWP has come and gone. Any word on if these shipped yet! Maybe by Christmas ;(

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I am going to watch my LDRS videos while standing out in the rain.. it would be kind of like watching Thunderstruck V day 1 (or MWP 12 day 1 for that matter)

Well maybe at thunder struck 6 . I know has been very busy

I would like to update everyone on the situation...

This year as always club member Barry takes our flight cards and, does some "Data Collecting" of ALL the launches at Thuderstruck. At our last monthly meeting it was learned that Barry HAD NOT transferred the cards to Eric so he could NOT finish editing his Dvd's.

Yesterday while talking to Victor (Eric's father) we learned that NONE of the cards have been transferred...

You seeing an angle here?

Tonight is our November club meeting and, Board Elections...I'm going back on the Board. The foundation and, the current Board of Directors for Indiana Rocketry is a very sound and, i respect their leadership.

I am going too make a motion and, have it voted on that this (The Handing Out of the Flight Cards) NEVER happens again. I have $40 in pre-ordered Blu-Rays and, i'm NOT cancelling my order due too faith in Eric.

No cards...No Dvd...Seven months is TOO long to correlate how many 1/2 A's were flown in three days...

I'm going to make some phone calls after i jump off here and, there WILL be some Flight Cards there or i will tell Eric to finish his Dvd's without ANY captions.

I'm NOT happy right now...I STILL have faith in Eric Barlow...

Back