DIY Battery Holders - Suggestions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
I'm looking for DIY battery-holder ideas for a dual-deploy project.

The battery style I'm going for is a GP10A/L1022 type, but I would be interested in any homebrew battery holder.

Greg

Greg-Interesting choice of battery-does it have a high enough discharge rate or are you pumping a cap? I'm always up for learning something new.

Greg-Interesting choice of battery-does it have a high enough discharge rate or are you pumping a cap? I'm always up for learning something new.

Yes is it Mr wrxz, but I really cannot claim it as my own.

Here is the link to that story:

https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=20381

I'm planning on using this battery in conjunction with a MAWD since it has been proven to work, at least in one application.

I do plan on a vac chamber deployment simulation to see if things work as advertised before I launch. If it does, then I'll commit the design to flight status. If it fails, I'll likely go with a suitable 1S lipo or the 6 x 9V silver oxide route.

Greg

Greg

The GP10A batteries work fine. Buy the keystone battery holder mentioned in the archived thread and use a wire tie to hold the battery in place.

I'm partial to the CD discharge design but few if anyone make them anymore since LiPos came around as the LiPo acts just like the Cap in the CD system. The only problem is that the FETs that some folks use today won' t handle the high currents that a LiPo can source when the igniter shorts. Seems like on one wants to put a 3-terminal current limiter on their altimeters.......

Bob

Back