Micro Geo-Sat LV...Something in the works.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding...I remember the build.
Hope you did well in contest over the weekend!

Official Contest Results received! Need to make a couple corrections.

Thanks Jim:
I sure did! ECRM-44 was one of the best attended East Coast Regional Meets I can remember. we had 33 competitors from 6 different NAR Sections repersenting 6 states. While the weather Saturday wasn't the greatest Very Hot & Muggy, Rain only showed up as sprinkles early in the morning. Sunday was somewhat better Humidity wise but we picked up a steady breeze 8-13mph with gusts building to 20mph by about 11:30, Temp topped out at about 87 a little lower then 90deg f on Saturday.

ECRM-44 events were: Random Duration(45sec), B-Eggloft Altitude(with Altimeters), Open Spot Landing, 1/2A-Streamer Duration, 1/2A-Rocket Glider, & Classic Model.

I could only make it out on Sunday so of the 6 events I chose to fly only 4, OSL, 1/2A-SD, 1/2A-RG & Classic Model flying the Micro Geo-Sat LV. 3-motor clustered Down-Scale.
Due Mainly to my outstanding recovery crew, consisting of Son John jr, His wife Vicky & my better 2/3rds Mary returning 1/2A-SD & 1/2A-RG from Chest High Hay almost 3/4 mile away, I was able to finish with 2 out of 4 First Place Trophies and with those scores ended up 2nd place C-Division Meet Champion. 1st in OSL @ 1.66m from the spot. Single flight in 1/2A-RG with 84seconds, and 2nd with the Geo-Sat LV finished with 740 static points + 145 flight points for a total of 885points out of 1100. I lost first place by 5 flight points to a parasite glider (Orbital transport) over my 3-motor cluster Oh well. and ended up in 3rd place in 1/2A-SD with a single flight of 82sec.
STILL By far my best competition outing in at least a decade:) Again have to thank my outstanding recovery crew for some truly Amazing Returns!

Photo's of the flights below! I actually caught the Geo-Sat LV Cluster Liftoff.

MM 405Lp02a3_MM Geo-Sat LV-ClassicModel on pad(ECRM44)_06-18-17.JPG

MM 405Lp02b_MM Geo-Sat LV Liftoff(1stPl CM-ECRM44)_06-18-17.JPG

MM 405Lp02c_MM Geo-Sat LV Recovered(885pts 1st Pl CM-ECRM44)_06-18-17.JPG

159a_Mini Nomad 13mm 5A-A RG Glider(.5A-RG)_08-03-94.jpg

159aLp10a_.5A mini Nomad on Pad(84sec 1st pl - ECRM44)_06-18-17.JPG

605_PCS SpotLander(.5A-C)(OSL)_07-11-97.jpg

605Lp08b_PCS Liftoff1.66m to Spot(OSL 1st PL- ECRM44)_06-18-17.JPG

641d1Lp01a_.5A SD VDM-3 onPiston(82sec ECRM44)_06-18-17.JPG

John & ECRM-44 Trophies_06-18-16.JPG

605Lp08a_PCS Spot Lander on pad(ECRM-44)_06-18-17.JPG

Last edited:
Outstanding....Congratulations Champ!!!

Nice pile of rocket bling....AND you earned every single one for years of persevering in this hobby/sport!

Of course I realize kudos also belong to your wonderful recovery crew, with out their help, victory may have been significantly tougher, if not impossible.
I now need help with my recoveries also.... traipsing around fields is a younger mans folly, not mine anymore...LOL

Recently I dug out some low power & micro stuff to fly again, also fell for recent "ESTES" super sale. Seems so much more "user friendly" than 15-20lb beasts and hauling them all over the place...LOL
But then you are much wiser....having known this....all along.!!

LOL Jim:
I simply ran out of room for LRP and MPR size rockets...Micros has been my only saving find to keep the building going. Micro Maxx Rocketry really is a great way to design & build just about any flying rocket you'd like without taking up many square feet of storage space:)

Back