Brag pictures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CZ Brat

Reaction score
I just completed finishing my scratch built I will use for my L2. It is essentially a Talon 4 or Eagle Claw w/o the boatail. I named it "Certifiable 2". I claim it is a testament to it's ability to become certified L2, but my wife claims it's a comment on the flyer.

DSC_0311smaller.jpg
DSC_0312smaller.jpg
DSC_0325smaller.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0326.jpg
    DSC_0326.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0326smaller.jpg
    DSC_0326smaller.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
It looks great! Excellent job on the paint! What motor will you be using for your L2?

Very very nice looking rocket! Good luck with your Cert Flight! That J400 should be a great ride!

Dang- I must be getting old- you look too young to be married, let alone cert! LOL! Nice bird! Straight smoke and good chutes!

Dang- I must be getting old- you look too young to be married, let alone cert! LOL! Nice bird! Straight smoke and good chutes!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I was using my favorite model, my 13yo "Minnie Me".

Awesome looking build! Best of luck on your cert attempt.

Can you share some pics of your painting techniques? Rattle can enamel? I'm always looking to improve in that area...... you seem to have hit on a good method.

Any nose weight being used on this one?

Awesome looking build! Best of luck on your cert attempt.

Can you share some pics of your painting techniques? Rattle can enamel? I'm always looking to improve in that area...... you seem to have hit on a good method.

Any nose weight being used on this one?

I use grey auto primer, Rustoleum 2X rattlecans for paint. The white is 3/16" pinstriping from hobby store. The Letters are vinyl lettering from stickershock. No clear coat. I didn't need any NC weight as it is 1.7 margin of stability with motor. It is 7'-3" and 4" diameter. Paper tube, plactic NC, and 1/4" birch ply that was laser cut by a friend.

Very very nice looking rocket! Good luck with your Cert Flight! That J400 should be a great ride!

Dave,

I tried to attach the pic to the private message, but it wasn't letting me do that. So here it is. As you can, the aluminum tube (which lines up with a hole in the switchband) has almost half of the side cut off, and the switch's lever is depressed, changing the switch's state. You can also see the locking balls, that prevent it from inadvertently coming out. On the pin, you can see the brass button that is depressed to unlock the locking balls. Hope this helps you out.

DSC_0331.JPG

At first I though man that kids is talented...great looking finish, clean fillets, nice paint (you're wise to avoid the clear, I keep trying to perfect it :bang:) and got to love StickerShock quality decals.

Good luck with the cert.

I got my L2 on Saturday. Here is the video. I lost sight of it before apogee.

[video=youtube;CMvN7hJqWac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvN7hJqWac[/video]

Back