New Design - the LITTLE GREEN MAN!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcmbanjo

Reaction score
Here's a new Odd'l Rockets Design -

The LITTLE GREEN MAN

Launch 3 5.25.14.jpg

It had it's prototype tests this morning.
Stable with both A8-3 and B6-4 engines.
Probably best suited for B6 and C6 engines, tho.

This could be a follow up kit after the success of the Pigasus.
So - whatcha' think?

That's a real eye catcher! Looks like you have another "gotta have" rocket on your hands.

Your gonna have to hire help!

Must. Have. This. Kit. Now.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Based on the reaction I'm getting here, I'm going to have to buy three...one for each kid and one for me to upscale.

Must. Have. This. Kit. Now.

Thanks guys!
I appreciate the positive posts.

I wish it were available now but I leave for Saturday to Cancun, Mexico for a two month show contract.
I'll be working on rocketry projects while there and will draw up the Little Green Man instructions.
The kit should be ready in September.

The first two test flights were great, but I couldn't help the feeling that something was missing.
I just drew up and tucked a Ray Gun under his belt behind one of the three legs.

LGM 52.jpg

Every spaceman needs a ray gun.

You are developing a new class of rocket. Among people who collect beer steins there is a type of stein called a character stein. Google it and see that you have invented the character rocket. Not just an oddroc. Better. *Collectible*.

The "three legs" aspect makes me smile ... maybe for the wrong reasons. :)

You're becoming the Don Martin of rocketry, Chris!

-- Roger

Very nice. I think you are "cheating" with those angled feet (a brilliant thought!) I'm guessing that angle adds a lot more drag to pull the CP back than the same size fin would if it was more typically aligned.

A real case of "dragging your feet!"

The "three legs" aspect makes me smile ... maybe for the wrong reasons. :)

You're becoming the Don Martin of rocketry, Chris!

-- Roger

Back, back, move away from our wives and daughters.

Very nice. I think you are "cheating" with those angled feet (a brilliant thought!) I'm guessing that angle adds a lot more drag to pull the CP back than the same size fin would if it was more typically aligned.
A real case of "dragging your feet!"

No real cheating - that was part of the plan.
They do add some base drag and help with stability.
The next prototype will have less angle on the feet.

attachment.php

Sleep deprivation; either that or over medication.

That thing looks like a hoot. It's too bad our local LPR field is concrete. I'm afraid rockets like this would get torn up too quickly to be worth the work of building and (mostly) painting them.

Back