New Design - the LITTLE GREEN MAN!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go with a 10'inch upscale.

Maybe after the 5.5 ... There are a few challenges here. For one thing, I need to work pretty hard to reduce the fin weight and get the junk out of the trunk. Also, it's not clear to me what I should make the antennae out of. Pipe cleaners would seem to be inadequate :y:, and I don't want anything truly sharp up there...

A 10" diameter upscale would be about 5' tall. That seems like a cool size. It would stand pretty much eye-to-eye with my wife!

-- Roger

Maybe after the 5.5 ... There are a few challenges here. For one thing, I need to work pretty hard to reduce the fin weight and get the junk out of the trunk. Also, it's not clear to me what I should make the antennae out of. Pipe cleaners would seem to be inadequate :y:, and I don't want anything truly sharp up there...

You can find large pipe cleaners online and in craft stores.

-- Roger

You can find large pipe cleaners online and in craft stores.

-- Roger

I'll give them a look. I'm just not sure I think they'll survive the Gs likely to be achieved from, say, a 4G 54mm load.

I'll give them a look. I'm just not sure I think they'll survive the Gs likely to be achieved from, say, a 4G 54mm load.

How about a pipe brush? Clip off the handle and you're good to go!

w302745_2_lg.jpg

The G forces will probably be less on the larger rocket. On a C motor, the original rocket accelerates very quickly. Unless you flew an upscale on a Warp9 or whatever, I doubt it would jump off the pad like that.

In any case, if the pipe cleaners get bent during the flight or landing, the could easily be bent back into shape.

-- Roger

In the rocket kit business, these are not pipe cleaners.
The antennas are made from Chenille Stems.

In twenty years I don't want this to turn into one of those "Motor - Engine" arguments.

10689810_10152514582593510_4696364953115767208_n.jpg

Launched my daughters this weekend. This was actually one of the straightest flying rockets of the day. Real crowd pleaser!!!

Back