New Design - the LITTLE GREEN MAN!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "three legs" aspect makes me smile ... maybe for the wrong reasons. :)

You're becoming the Don Martin of rocketry, Chris!

-- Roger

This^ So This^

That's the funniest thing I've seen on a launch pad. Think I'll check your website out.

This^ So This^
That's the funniest thing I've seen on a launch pad. Think I'll check your website out.

Thanks!
The Odd'l Rockets website is temporarily down.
It will soon become a blog. A blog is just easier to update.

I don't sell kits from my home, they are distributed through vendors like:
jonrocket.com, apogeerockets.com, siriusrocketry.com and unclemikesrocketshack.com

Thanks!
The Odd'l Rockets website is temporarily down.
It will soon become a blog. A blog is just easier to update.

I don't sell kits from my home, they are distributed through vendors like:
jonrocket.com, apogeerockets.com, siriusrocketry.com and unclemikesrocketshack.com
Thanks. Now I get your avitar. Yeah, it takes me a minute to catch on sometimes.

Back, back, move away from our wives and daughters.

Uh, hem ... a tail ... I was thinking of the "third leg" as a tail .......

But, an actual third leg makes the little guy a little more alien (and a lot more silly).

-- Roger

250px-Medusan_HOS_eARC_p321.jpg

Oh sure, that was the design influence from the start!
Not really.
But now three legs makes even more sense.

View attachment 173935

Oh sure, that was the design influence from the start!
Not really.
But now three legs makes even more sense.

There's no use in denying it... You were clearly influenced by Lt. Arex

art_asylum_style_lt__arex__by_jvk-d7b82ii.jpg

Looks great, can't wait to add it to the build pile, which just so happens to have a Pigasus on deck.

As Marvin the Martian said, "Oh dear, now I shall have to create more Martians!"

delays__delays_by_behindtg-d5osdfv.png

I'm just hoping hcmbanjo survives long enough to get out of Mexico and start making the kits. From the sound of things on his blog that is by no means a sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Hey I'm (buzzzzt, buzzzt) fine, really (buzzzt)

I'm working on the Little Green Man instructions and just got a bunch of ST-18s ordered.
the model has already gone through revisions and needs some more flight testing before I can think of making kits.

Getting out of the Mexico contract one month early and will be going home early next week.

Hey I'm (buzzzzt, buzzzt) fine, really (buzzzt)

I'm working on the Little Green Man instructions and just got a bunch of ST-18s ordered.
the model has already gone through revisions and needs some more flight testing before I can think of making kits.

Getting out of the Mexico contract one month early and will be going home early next week.

Good to hear!

Where does one get ST-18 tubing?

the T-30,000 Space Modulator is a nice addition! i will be buying several of these! My birthday is September 24th and seeing as how the world revolves around me... i hope to see them ready to ship by then :)

It's september so I'm hoping the kit will be available soon.

A little something to watch while you are waiting ...

[youtube]_6lDv4MpClw[/youtube]

-- Roger

They are in stock at Apogee.

Oh no they are not...

I sent a message to Apogee more than a week ago, asking about them, and was told that once reviewed, they would be listed and put on their website for purchase.

I thought I was in line for the first sales... but then, nothing came...and today, I went back and looked again, and it's now listed, but labeled as "SOLD OUT".

FOUL! I was in line first!

Oh no they are not...

I sent a message to Apogee more than a week ago, asking about them, and was told that once reviewed, they would be listed and put on their website for purchase.

I thought I was in line for the first sales... but then, nothing came...and today, I went back and looked again, and it's now listed, but labeled as "SOLD OUT".

FOUL! I was in line first!

The sneakier amongst us signed up to be notified when the pigs were back in stock, remembering that hcmbanjo had said they were arriving at the same time. Figuring that it would take Tim Van M about three days to build one so he could take pictures, rate it, and add it to inventory I checked back VERY frequently after that...

Now to start figuring out what to do about a nose cone for my 3x upscale...

We recently updated our web site to display a form allowing you to sign up to receive an email when an out-of-stock product (such as the Little Green Man) comes back in stock. I don't know if Tim's site has a similar feature or not.

Chris, of Odd'l Rockets, has about two dozen of the LGM kits in the pipeline right now so we (and the other retailers) should be getting more kits soon. And, this time, I think there will be enough to meet the initial demand.

-- Roger

Now to start figuring out what to do about a nose cone for my 3x upscale...

Whoa! I'd like to see that.
I don't even know what the nose weight would be on a 3X upscale.
(The Pigasus and the Little Green Man have some clay nose weight added.)

Whoa! I'd like to see that.
I don't even know what the nose weight would be on a 3X upscale.
(The Pigasus and the Little Green Man have some clay nose weight added.)

Yes, I am working on it. This is going to be a slooooow build. I plan to save weight by making the fins out of foam-cored fiberglass, and since I am unhappy with the shape of the Rocketry Warehouse cones, I'm going to have to make one myself. BT from a spare piece of Bluetube I have lying around. I imagine I'll be building fins and nose cone first and figuring out how it's all going to go together based on the weights I get.

I may look into kit-bashing the Polecat Fat Man if I can get proper dimensions on the thing, though.

Back