Repair Options For ARTS and ARTS 2 Altimeters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
In our ongoing effort to connect the dots in rocketry and lend a helping hand to our fellow rocketeers, ROCKETS Magazine is pleased to announce the following positive news concerning the repair of ARTS and ARTS 2 altimeters. I don’t know how I get in the middle of these situations, but if it works according to plan, it will all be worth it. I will chime in as necessary, however this arrangement will be between the rocketeer and Transolve…..I just helped push the opportunity over the finish line. Transolve has begun the repair process with great success.

As we all know, rocketeers are some of the most diligent recyclers on the planet. In an effort to keep rockets returning safely to earth there is some good news for all of you ARTS and ARTS 2 Altimeter owners. John Fleisher of Transolve has collaborated with ARTS and ARTS 2 creator Erik Hall to begin a repair service for the ARTS Altimeter Line. This will be a work in progress, as every altimeter problem will be different and some altimeters may be beyond hope.

The initial plan is for you to send John the altimeter for inspection with a check for $10.00 for each altimeter. You will need to include a note stating what the specific issue is with the device and John will perform the diagnostics, based on your description. The $10.00 diagnostic fee will include shipping the unit back to you; in the unlikely event the altimeter cannot be repaired. However, there is an option to donate your non-functional / damaged / unusable altimeters to Transolve to be used as spare parts. Keep in mind that many of these units are over 10 years old and availability of parts may be challenging. If you donate your D.O.A. ARTS unit to Transolve, your $10.00 diagnostic fee would be returned.

It is expected that the average cost for repair will be in the $25.00 range and often less, based on Transolve’s experience with the repair of Altacc Altimeters. (Yes, Transolve repairs Altacc’s also).

John can be contracted direct at [email protected]. Drop him a line and explain your issue to start the process. John will not be participating or debating on the forum, so contact him direct with your issues.

Shipping your altimeter to Transolve; Use a box smaller than 7” x 7” x 12". USPS, United States Postal Service will work best to ensure delivery.

Transolve
3246 Fulton Rd. #1
Cleveland, OH 44109
[email protected]

Neil

:flyingpig:

Neil you just made my Christmas card list!

And I'll stop uploading pictures of Utley in a thong to your PC now....

Last edited:
Neil you just made my Christmas card list!

And I'll stop uploading pictures of Utley in a thong to your PC now....

The scary thing is that you have them in the first place..........:jaw:

Up date to the ARTS Repair progress made by John Fleisher. John has successfully repaired multiple ARTS and ARTS II units to date. He has been in contact with the designer of the unit and is well versed in the circuitry and the functionality......so if you have any units in question send them to John, he will keep you flying. Even if you have ARTS Altimeters that you think are dead, send them to John anyway....if he can't fix them he may be able to salvage some of the parts.

Neil

:flyingpig:

Dan, I see your scorched unit and raise you 3 broken ones!

arts.jpg

Dan, I know you like ARTS. I can send these to you, you might be able to get a good one from the lot?

Tony

Dan, I see your scorched unit and raise you 3 broken ones!

View attachment 185899

Dan, I know you like ARTS. I can send these to you, you might be able to get a good one from the lot?

Tony

Ironically, I'd want to revive that ARTS1 over the ARTS2's. I have more confidence in the ARTS1.

Back