Unregulated ematches coming from electricmatch.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got this email:

After months of discussions with the ATF. We are excited to announce we will be producing an non regulated igniter/ematch. THAT’S RIGHT, no ATF or magazine storage. (Please check with your local and state regulations) The patent has been applied for, and we have our letter from the ATF stating it will not be regulated. This product is not regulated by the ATF under 18USC, chapt 40-Imp, Manu, Dist, & Storage – and 27 SCR Part 555- Commerce in Exp

This will fire exactly like the product line J-tek. Requiring less than 1 volt. The MJG firewire initiator is available in 3ft($68 for a box of 80 ), 7ft($38 for a box of 40), and 10ft($31.50 for a box of 30).

Item J-3 J-7 J-10
Length 1 M 2 M 3 M
Per Box 80 /box 40 /box 30 /box
Per Case 2400 1200 900
.85 ea .95 ea 1.05 ea

These are not mass produced yet, so if you have a license, your best deal is still the J-tek model.

We are taking preorders for July delivery now. No payment is necessary at this time. We will contact you when it is ready to ship.

Check out pyrodirect’s link for more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmHgiYuT0M

Jeff Genzel

www.electricmatch.com
856-228-6118
MJG Technologies Inc.
832 Camden Avenue
Blenheim, NJ 08012

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

This is really good news for us, but better news for the amateur pyro folks that shoot class C. Looks like the price point is pretty close to the J-teks as well. I wonder if they'll continue production of the J-teks or just move everything to these.

So, does anyone understand how they were able to alleviate the regulatory concerns of standard e-matches?

A batch of these arrived at my door yesterday - I stuck my neck out a bit and preordered when they were announced. I'm looking forward to giving them a try.

Last edited:
I received 80 to try out. They look nice. White with a blue strip.

Looking forward to hearing feedback. I'd love to pick these up so I can avoid ATF stuff... Living at home/potential relocation to apartments makes ATF stuff difficult.

Mike

Looking forward to hearing feedback. I'd love to pick these up so I can avoid ATF stuff... Living at home/potential relocation to apartments makes ATF stuff difficult.

Mike

I'm interested to hear if you can dip these; they might work decently for HPR clusters.

Got mine in the mail today. Look good as you'd expect from MJG. Kind of cool that they included a copy of the ATF licensing letter dated 5/22/14.

That is cool. Can you post a scan of it?

Hmm. I don't feel comfortable with that as it is a communication directly from ATF Chief to the owner of MJG. Maybe MJG will post it here or on their website, or of course, you could just order a case and you would get one too.

Hmm. I don't feel comfortable with that as it is a communication directly from ATF Chief to the owner of MJG. Maybe MJG will post it here or on their website, or of course, you could just order a case and you would get one too.

I assume he's sending it to all that purchase...I guess I don't understand the concern?

I assume he's sending it to all that purchase...I guess I don't understand the concern?

Potato camera pictures from someone on one of the pyro forums of the letter:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Interesting. Mine had the same letter. I have thought about buying more.

If people have concerns, don't buy them. I am comfortable.

I find "confidential patented information" hilarious. Patents are in the public domain. The are called "disclosures." The whole point of a patent is that the government grants inventors temporary monopolies on their inventions in exchange for disclosing them.

Ari.

I find "confidential patented information" hilarious. Patents are in the public domain. The are called "disclosures." The whole point of a patent is that the government grants inventors temporary monopolies on their inventions in exchange for disclosing them.

Ari.

From a search, nothing has been issued yet. And it is only public if it is issued. This typically takes a while plus there is a strategy to add extensions onto the submission so you can continue to operate under patent pending for 5+ years with no details exposed.

From a search, nothing has been issued yet. And it is only public if it is issued. This typically takes a while plus there is a strategy to add extensions onto the submission so you can continue to operate under patent pending for 5+ years with no details exposed.

The language they use is "patented" rather than "patent pending." Your interpretation implies they are making a misleading statement about the status if their application.

To bring this on topic--I placed an order for 40 on June 26 and received my box yesterday. Haven't tested them yet.

Ari.

Back