Secret Santa Christmas in July 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not me honest guv, nope not this time, can't catch me out or trip me up.

Wait, so I'm not supposed to tell him that the posts about messing up my address are really just a clever ruse to throw him off the scent?

(Or was it?)

:dark::neener:

Clever ruse!

[video=youtube;e_mPrhwpZ-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mPrhwpZ-8[/video]

Yeeeee ha
checked the list i received and two of the kits asked for are right here in my rocketbin. If I havent got around to building them, and this person wants them.... perfecto

starts poking around to see if Salvage-1 has posted to any "kits I haven't built yet" threads...

(also I need to go home - its been a long stressful day - things that are funny in my head tend to end up just being annoying when I get like this. I fear this may be true of my last couple of posts. If so - my apologies.)

starts poking around to see if Salvage-1 has posted to any "kits I haven't built yet" threads...

(also I need to go home - its been a long stressful day - things that are funny in my head tend to end up just being annoying when I get like this. I fear this may be true of my last couple of posts. If so - my apologies.)

I think that it is even worse now that he knows WHO it is , but he has no idea WHAT it is.

So when do we get to start teasing Matt about who is Secret Santa is? :neener:
To my SS, sorry I have not opened it yet. I get home Thursday.
Not me honest guv, nope not this time, can't catch me out or trip me up.
Wait, so I'm not supposed to tell him that the posts about messing up my address are really just a clever ruse to throw him off the scent?

So today's the day when BB gets to open his SS gift. Here's hoping his SS continues to torment him a bit. :p

Matt,

Santa just told me that your SS gift has been delayed due to inventory issues. Santa has spoken to the vendor who has indicated that your package should be on it's way tomorrow. Santa is sorry for the delay, asks for your patience and understanding, and hopes that your gift is worth the additional wait.

No problemo. Can't open it until I get back from SCUBA diving next week. No rush.

Matt,

Santa just told me that your SS gift has been delayed due to inventory issues. Santa has spoken to the vendor who has indicated that your package should be on it's way tomorrow. Santa is sorry for the delay, asks for your patience and understanding, and hopes that your gift is worth the additional wait.

Yup, sorry for the delay, and the misdirection, i am never known for pulling a fast one, or winding people up, or anything out of the ordinary.... now back to the build with tube fins at the front end!

Great... Now I have to wait to figure out WHAT the gift is... :eyeroll:

I got me a Wildman Intimidator mini... I guess... Not sure... :p

Thank you Secret Santa! I guess rbelknap.

I got me a Wildman Intimidator mini... I guess... Not sure... :p

Thank you Secret Santa! I guess rbelknap.

Guilty as charged.
The Intimidator Mini is, in fact, what you were supposed to receive. Did it show up, or did you just get a shipping notification?

No, I got back today from the Bahamas, and my dad told me a package with "Secret Santa" on it arrived.

I LOVE the fins on it. They look so cool.

I will do a build thread, don't worry.

Thank you so much! I love it.

No, I got back today from the Bahamas, and my dad told me a package with "Secret Santa" on it arrived.

Cool - glad it finally got to you. Looking forward to that build-thread.

-Robert (still patiently waiting for a S.S./Bastille Day box to find it's way through the USPS to me...)

So who's started playing with/building their SS gifts? Have you done a build tread yet?

The cool thing about mail getting delayed? I don't have to wait to open my S.S. Box. :)

A Squirrel Works Liberator (Really looking forward to this one.)
An Estes Bull Pup 12D (This seems to be a popular gift; I have 3 now. I guess I should build them.)
5 min devcon epoxy (Good thing too, as I ran out not too long ago.)
30 min hobby epoxy (Alyways useful)
and a big nylon (military surplus?) chute (I guess I need to build a bigger rocket...)

Thanks Secret Santa Salvage-1!

photo 1 (1).jpg photo 2 (1).jpg

(Also thank you for not including any actual Elf Poo.)

So who's started playing with/building their SS gifts? Have you done a build tread yet?

Build thread?

Ummm... oops.. no....

I did build my Intimidator Mini. It even launched at LDRS. However, no pictures of the build and I didn't even get pictures of the launch. I left my DSRL at home (sort of accidentally) and then smashed my cell phone upon arriving at LDRS. With it just being a small rocket, I don't know that anyone took a picture of its launch. But it looked real pretty all in black fiberglass with gold monokote on the fins. Almost drag raced it against some wildchilds; however, my timing was off and I didn't have the motor reload yet when asked.

Last edited:
I respectfully refer you to posts 196 and 198 of this thread...

I don't know how I missed that. Guess i been so busy with everything :p. My wishlist on Post #1 always has a link that shows my address so it would be a surprise if someone sent Papa Elf something. :p

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed that. Guess i been so busy with everything :p. My wishlist on Post #1 always has a link that shows my address so it would be a surprise if someone sent Papa Elf something. :p

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. So expect not a surprise, but a lovely thank-you gift soonish.

Back