Help with Openrocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
I've been designing my 54mm crayon in open rocket, and I noticed something. It says there is discontinuity in body tube diameter. I checked all my tubes and couplers but see no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've been designing my 54mm crayon in open rocket, and I noticed something. It says there is discontinuity in body tube diameter. I checked all my tubes and couplers but see no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
It could be the Nose Cone... It happens a lot. is the "Automatic" box checked for diameter in your tube?

Yes make sure the base diameter is the same diameter as the outside diameter of the body tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Not sure if the automatic box is checked, I will check tomorrow after work. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Hi,

A flat nose cone tip will do that. The Barrowman equations assume the rocket to have a continuous body and sharp tip nose. The results should be ok though. Not all warnings are fatal, they just warn that you're doing something the Barrowman equations were not meant to cope with.

Cheers,
Sampo N.

Back