Stickershock blue paint match

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good paint match for Stickershock blue vinyl? Mark is out of town, and I'm working with him for a custom Mega Der ______ Max, and I would like to paint the nose cone blue. He has left for his weekend launch, so I figured I'd throw the question out here.

Might want to try an auto body paint supply store and go through their flip cards----something out there will match it.

Might want to try an auto body paint supply store and go through their flip cards----something out there will match it.

May come to that. I was going to start with rustoleum caps, but the autoparts suggestion is a good one as their color cards are usually real close to the end result. I'm hoping I'm not the first person to try to match this, but blue is a less common color.

Yep there are several blues available.

CL I am sending you a sample so you can choose a shade and color match!

If I remember right I used rustoleum Sail blue for a decent match to the standard medium blue I use most!

if ANYONE needs a sample for paint matching all you have to do is ask I dont mind sending some out.

oh and the custom blue max is gonna be AWESOME! It has some COOL details I am trying to work out now.. so hang in there.. its coming!

Thanks so much Mark, and I should point out that Mark was very responsive upon returning from the launch regarding this question and others. I am admittedly a higher maintenance customer, and Mark always helps out in the typical friendly manner.

Yep there are several blues available.

CL I am sending you a sample so you can choose a shade and color match!

If I remember right I used rustoleum Sail blue for a decent match to the standard medium blue I use most!

if ANYONE needs a sample for paint matching all you have to do is ask I dont mind sending some out.

oh and the custom blue max is gonna be AWESOME! It has some COOL details I am trying to work out now.. so hang in there.. its coming!

I haven't sent you the pics of Russian missiles and asked you to duplicate the text, yet.

Latest posts

Back