It whent 200 feet in air! (sic)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny I saw this earlier today and thought it was funny what people will do for money!!!

Sheesh, why not say it's a "collector's item" and get $20 for it??

:eyeroll::eyeroll:

Wow! I have a feeling a young child got on their parents account.

funny I saw this earlier today and thought it was funny what people will do for money!!!
Nothing. Literally.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Absolutely-Nothing-/181399598734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3c42368e

Possibly because eBay has detected that I'm in the UK, the "Shipping" bit says "May not ship to United Kingdom - Read item description or contact seller for shipping options." Too bad - it seems I will be unable to buy this and will just have to scratch-build my own. :lol:

Theories about the seller:
1. He/she has a bet going on whether it sells.
2. This is a little kid's eBay version of opening a lemonade stand.
3. This is some kind of art project and/or sociology/economics experiment
4. This is one of the world's most confident people. I can almost hear him clank as he walks

I don't think he's sold any of THIS variety yet. You all must have must of missed the runaway viral campaign last week where he sold "Stubby Green Rockets," which were made of black paper.

I'd like some altimeter data and a video showing it whent 200 feet in air.
Simulations predict it did not whent 200 feet in air.

I'd like some altimeter data and a video showing it whent 200 feet in air.
Simulations predict it did not whent 200 feet in air.

You are absolutely right. Clearly he underestimated. That thing looks like it must have easily gone several thousand feet up and flirted with Mach.

Someone with a spare $10.00 should buy it, just to see what happens. Me, I got nothin'.

What none of you realize is that this is a rare and valuable piece of model rocket history.
What you are looking at is nothing less than Jim Flis’ first prototype for the now famous “A.C.M.E. Spitfire” flying model rocket kit. Built when he was only two years old it was lost, primarily because it was tossed in the trash by Jim’s mother, but is now raised from the landfill for you to bid on and enjoy.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

It says "in air". I walk 200 feet in air many times daily.

If it was blue I would have bid. Oh well.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

What none of you realize is that this is a rare and valuable piece of model rocket history.
What you are looking at is nothing less than Jim Flis’ first prototype for the now famous “A.C.M.E. Spitfire” flying model rocket kit. Built when he was only two years old it was lost, primarily because it was tossed in the trash by Jim’s mother, but is now raised from the landfill for you to bid on and enjoy.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
LOL! That was the first thing I thot of, but couldn't quite get the right take on the homage to Fliskits. I like Jim and didn't want to piss him off. No Fliskits for you-next!

Apparently it has a removable engine mount. Probably comes with 18 and 24mm varieties.

Theories about the seller:
1. He/she has a bet going on whether it sells.
2. This is a little kid's eBay version of opening a lemonade stand.
3. This is some kind of art project and/or sociology/economics experiment
4. This is one of the world's most confident people. I can almost hear him clank as he walks

Occam's razor > The kids found mom's Ebay password and decided to have some fun.

Back