StratoLogger Amplified External Beeper - best location to mount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I locate mine one the aft (drogue) bulkhead. Just make sure to install per instructions so pressure from the charge doesn't damage the piezo.

I locate mine one the aft (drogue) bulkhead. Just make sure to install per instructions so pressure from the charge doesn't damage the piezo.

If i did the above then how is the sound to travel.... as it says to glue it with the hole down

If i did the above then how is the sound to travel.... as it says to glue it with the hole down

Sorry, I cannot find the instructions right now, but I can say for sure that is not how I interpreted the instructions. What I remember is that they say not to seal the plastic enclosure (the edges at the bottom) so there would be equal pressure on the top and bottom of the piezo element. Below are pictures (wish I could find better, but no time now). First is just a test position of the siren on the bulkplate, second is a pic of the siren clamped in place with silicone adhesive on the bottom face (again being careful not to cover bottom opening in plastic enclosure), third you can see back of the bulkplate with the siren connector fed through to hook up to the SL100.

IMG_1096.jpg IMG_1106.jpg IMG_1118.jpg

Done. Tape the speake in masking tape to keep it clean and open, masking tape around the base area to catch run off. 6 mm hole for cable. Mixed up some 5 min and had my timer running. Once it started to thicken I place nice big dob and pushed the speaker down. Once set I mixed a 2nd batch and ran this round the edge and pushed it in making a band. Then used my finger dipped in IPA to get it all neat smooth. Pulled the masking tape and looks super. Will post a photos when I get 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Just tried a multi meter in the output where the speaker plugs in.

White is the signal/positive and black is ground/negative.

What's stopping me from adding some LED's to flash with the bleeps?

I'd make some sort of loom and latch it into the cable.

Tempted with 3x 5 mm super bright blue or white led's spaces between my vent holes. I can drill holes for them and then epoxy behind to seal them in.

Tried some spare LED's I had and it reduced the sound a lot so not bothering.

Back