UPDATE - 750# Kevlar SOLD OUT. Small amount of 1/2" Tape & 1-3/4" 15,000# Strap left.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuddrucker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

For those of you who have asked for more of the 1/8", 750lb and 1/4" Kevlar, I am sorry to say I am all sold out and will not be able to get any more as the supplier I have been getting the Kevlar from has exhausted his supply. All I have left is the big 1-3/4", 15,000lb strap and a few hundred feet of the 1/2" strap seen here...... https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...ar-Strap-30-Cents-per-foot-including-shipping

I have about 120 YARDS left of the 15,000lb Kevlar Strap and again, once that is gone, it will no longer be available, at least through me. If you are planning a big heavy project down the road that will weigh in at over a hundred pounds or are building it now, then this will make a great shock cord that you will not have to worry about breaking or burning through no matter how big that ejection charge is going to be. If you have a kit such as a fiberglass DarkStar or Frenzy where it is a heavy rocket and no room for a bolt through the centering ring then this stuff is perfect. Attached are a couple photos showing how it can be used as an attachment point for your shock cord even in a large diameter rocket. Shown is a 8" fiberglass kit with a 75mm motor mount with 1 YARD of Kevlar strap epoxied down the sides of the MMT. Just sand or cut some notches in the centering rings and epoxy the strap all the way down the sides of the MMT.

1-3/4" Kevlar strap with 15,000 LB breaking strength. This is the real deal stuff! MIL Spec, 87130 (USAF), 3 PLY, Denier 1500, double plain weave, Type Class 2. It is 1/16" thick and weighs 2.4oz per yard. In the pic below, it shows tape. It is called "tape" by mil spec because of the flat weave. It does not have adhesive on it.

Great for minimum diameter rockets that have no room to attach a U or eye bolt to top centering ring. This can be run down either side of the MMT and epoxied on forming a loop and attachment point for smaller cord. Can be sewn to make loops at each end for quik link attachment points, or swivels as well.

Offering it at $4.00 per YARD. Shipping is $3.50 for up to 4 YARDS, $5.80 (Small Priority flat rate box) for up to 10 YARDS, and anything more than 10 YARDS will be $12.35 via Priority Medium flat rate box.

Payment via PayPal. PM me if interested.

Thanks again for all of your support over the last three years!

...Fudd

DSC_7096.JPG

DSC_7092.jpg

Photo Mar 10, 4 55 59 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 10, 4 56 30 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 10, 4 57 02 PM.jpg

Last edited:
No website and all I have left for sale is what is shown above. On ebay I just have the 1-3/4" Kevlar.

Thanks.

...Fudd

Back