1/2" Woven Kevlar Strap, 30 Cents per foot including shipping.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuddrucker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 1,200 feet of 1/2" woven Kevlar strap / tape. It is very thin and light, a little thicker than a piece of paper. Minimum breaking strength of 400 pounds. It's very strong for it's size. Some uses would be for shock cord on a light rocket (2 to 3 pounds) or a small diameter rocket that does not have much room for packing a thicker cord as this strap will pack very small and fit in tight spaces. Another good use would be for parachute reinforcement or repair as it sews very easily since it is so thin and weighs much less than chutes made with 9/16" Tubular nylon reinforcement lines and shroud lines plus it won't melt. It is very similar to mule tape that is used for pulling cables through conduit.

It may look and feel very thin but it is much stronger than the braided elastic shock cord that comes in kits from several manufacture's and it can withstand the heat from an ejection charge. It is also very easy to sew loops on the ends for attachment with a quick link so strength is not lost from a knot. This does not stretch so you would need to allow for that if changing over from an elastic cord.

Asking 30 Cents per foot including shipping.

PM if interested, payment via PayPal.

Thanks!

...Fudd

CAM00246.jpg

CAM00249.jpg

CAM00251.jpg

CAM00254.jpg

Last edited:
Had a feeling you won that eBay auction!

Nope, I was not bidding on anything on ebay. I do sell on ebay but all the Kevlar I get is from the same surplus vendor I have always got the Kevlar products from. I always buy direct from him, not via ebay.

...Fudd

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have 1,200 feet of 1/2" woven Kevlar strap / tape. It is very thin and light, a little thicker than a piece of paper. Minimum breaking strength of 400 pounds. It's very strong for it's size. Some uses would be for shock cord on a light rocket (2 to 3 pounds) or a small diameter rocket that does not have much room for packing a thicker cord as this strap will pack very small and fit in tight spaces. Another good use would be for parachute reinforcement or repair as it sews very easily since it is so thin and weighs much less than chutes made with 9/16" Tubular nylon reinforcement lines and shroud lines plus it won't melt. It is very similar to mule tape that is used for pulling cables through conduit.

It may look and feel very thin but it is much stronger than the braided elastic shock cord that comes in kits from several manufacture's and it can withstand the heat from an ejection charge. It is also very easy to sew loops on the ends for attachment with a quick link so strength is not lost from a knot. This does not stretch so you would need to allow for that if changing over from an elastic cord.

Asking 30 Cents per foot including shipping, or if someone wants the whole roll for making parachutes etc. $300.00 Shipped.

PM if interested, payment via PayPal.

Thanks!

...Fudd

Fudd
I received the 33 feet I ordered and it looks like it will work nicely as shock cord/recovery harness.
I think the width will help reduce zippers in thinner cardboard tubes.
I measured the strapping with my calipers and weighed it on my scale. Width 0.515",Thickness 0.012", Weight per foot 0.75 grams/0.026 oz.

Lance, your inbox is full.

Package is on it's way Lance. Tracking... https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=9400109699939918671750 Give it some time to update with info.

Also, I would recommend you hang this on a hook or something similar when pulling off what you need each time. Since it is so flat and thin it does not want to lay flat when I coil it up after pulling it off the main reel.

Thanks again.

...Gary

Emptied. It will be here before it updates LOL. Will lay it outstretched between hooks. Thanks.

Back